Drop a line in text attribute in Tables is causing problems..

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
Hey ,
So after having some major problems with text on Tables today i found this bug and still don't know how to resolve it or workaround it ..
Im making a Table for conversations in an RPG game ,
So the table has 1 col (text) and many rows , each row is a sentence .
Now lets say I'm writing a sentence in one of the cells , but i want to drop a line , so i use option+return to drop a line , i preview that line in text behavior (calling the cell value from the expression editor), all is fine , but if i save the project, close it , and the reopen it , GS adds quotation marks to my text, only to the text values that i dropped a line in them !
So instead of seeing (for example)-

abcdefgh
ijklmnop

I see -

"abcdefgh
ijklmnop"

with the quotation marks !

Looking at the table , GS automatically adds quotation marks to the text value in the cell, even if i delete them , after i save->close->reopen they come back !

Is this a bug? is it how its suppose to be ? is there a way to drop a line and avoid those quotation marks?

Roy.

Comments

• morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
    it doesn't give u much accuracy on where the drop is if u have one actor representing all the text, but if u just do wrap in actor it will drop a line ones the text in long enough to fill one line. i had huge long conversations in my last game and tables saved aton of time and rules
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Yes you are correct about that , but the problem is that sometimes i have a short line and i want it to be in the middle like this :
    -----------------
    1)
    2)Short Line
    3)
    -----------------

So i drop a line , if i don't drop a line this is the result :

-----------------
    1)Short Line
    2)
    3)
    -----------------

So what can i do to make it drop a line and be in the middle? simply flagging 'wrap in actor' will cause it to be on the upper line ..

Roy.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited February 2012
    I just found out that using control+return instead of option+return is fixing this and not causing the quotation marks in the text .

GS HQ , is there gonna be any problems in future updates if i use control+return to drop a line in a text attributes inside a table ?
    Or is it safe to use?

Thanks in advanced
    Roy.