App Crashes in iPhone or iPad versions

lobizomelobizome Member Posts: 5
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
Great jobs GS,
I'm new to programming and GS is a great choice.
I was able to realize 2 Apps and publish them to AppStore.

ABC Skill Cell
iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/lu/app/abc-skill-cell-iphone/id498600703?mt=8 » New version, it crashes
iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/lu/app/abc-skill-cell/id492501338?mt=8 » Old version, slowly working, but 4 x less content

These Apps have a lot of images, when started on the GS preview they work perfect.
But on the App Store they work well till the first menu, after validating a language, the App takes 20 seconds to load (rotating icon) and then it crashes.

Is there a limit quality of images or size of app (42Mb) imposed by GS?

Comments

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    You said:
    "when started on the GS preview they work perfect"
    Do you mean the desktop viewer or the device viewer ?
    Have you made an ad-hoc build before sending the app to apple ?

Roy.
  • lobizomelobizome Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    That's right...
    Indeed I've send the build directly to Apple, without making an Adhoc...
    So right now I'm receiving a lot of complains...!

Since I've done the Adhoc test on my device...
    This is my crash Log:

ABCiPhoneSkillCell[3799] : Pause Count: -1
    timed[3800] : (Note ) CoreTime: Want active time in 40.10hrs. Need active time in 123.44hrs.
    UIKitApplication:ABCiPhoneSkillCell[0xf784][3799] : OpenAL error 40964 in call to ~SGSound: alDeleteBuffers
    timed[3800] : (Note ) CoreTime: Not setting system time to 02/05/2012 14:18:31 from GPS because time is unchanged
    timed[3800] : (Note ) CoreTime: Not setting time zone to Europe/Luxembourg from Location
    MobileMail[3730] : Received memory warning.
    SpringBoard[15] : Received memory warning.
    com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobilephone[0x382c][3729]) : (UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobilephone[0x382c]) Exited: Killed: 9
    UserEventAgent[12] : jetsam: kernel termination snapshot being created
    com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobilemail[0x5dd6][3730]) : (UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobilemail[0x5dd6]) Exited: Killed: 9
    com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:ABCiPhoneSkillCell[0xf784][3799]) : (UIKitApplication:ABCiPhoneSkillCell[0xf784]) Exited: Killed: 9
    SpringBoard[15] : Application 'Téléphone' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    SpringBoard[15] : Application 'Mail' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    SpringBoard[15] : Application 'ABC Skill Cell' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    kernel[0] : launchd[3804] Builtin profile: MobileMail (sandbox)
    ReportCrash[3802] : Saved crashreport to /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/LowMemory-2012-02-05-151839.plist using uid: 0 gid: 0, synthetic_euid: 0 egid: 0

Quite aggressive for a small educational App!!! ;-)
    The crash log tells "Received memory warning" is this a common issue?
    I've around 1500 files (Graphics and sounds) in this project.
    Maybe one recommendation?
  • lobizomelobizome Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Problem Solved, I just resize every thing to 2 X smaller quality. Project file is 23Mb... Before it was 42Mb...
    It works... I'm just publishing it to the App Store right Now...

Thanks for the support. ;-)
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    So it is true the smaller the file of the game the less likely it won't crash. When you test it does it dump memory while you play?