Missing icon for iPad builds

greenrhynogreenrhyno Member, PRO Posts: 152
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
I know there are problems with Mac apps and missing icons, but has anyone had problems with iPad apps and mission icons?

I tried to submit an iPad app tonight and I get this error message from the Application Loader:

"iPad: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 72 x 72 pixels, in .png format"

Does anyone have a solution? Will this be fixed in 0.9.91?

Thanks!

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    How are you bringing your iPad icon into GS? Drag and drop or file select?
  • greenrhynogreenrhyno Member, PRO Posts: 152
    I used file select. Should I try drag and drop?
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Yes this issue just happened for me too.
    It was ok few hrs ago, after itunesconnect server maintenance i made another ipad build for my game and uploaded but got this error instead.

Don't think its the icon problem, could be GS compilation problem cos earlier builds hrs ago was fine.
    No but there was a bug related to android builds where if you dragged in your icon it was causing problems. Did you report the bug?
    I tried Drag and Droping the icon into GS and got the same error.

If anyone figures out a solution- (other file format, like jpg, gif, tif, rif, mif, ziffyzif or whatever that works, let us know.) Good catch on the iTunes maintenance thing, I noticed that ITC was down for a while and maybe something did change.

I hope its fixed soon!
    edited February 2012
    @FBS
    I didn't report the bug. I'll report it tomorrow if no one does before then. Right now I need to sleep, since I just spent the night trying to get this to work :-(
    I have no issue with Android build though, so it could be after itunes connect maintenance, something did change that caused this.

the same game i uploaded to android market fine, but then again android market doesn't have this check in place do they?
    edited February 2012
    No updates on this problem??
    I'm trying to get my binary uploaded. :(
    Still does not work even with new icons created.
    I really need to upload this binary quick .
    Bug report submitted.

I tried to submit an iPad app last night, and when I used the Application Loader, I received the error message "iPad: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 72 x 72 pixels, in .png format"

I used Show Package Contents to see the contents of the .app file and sure enough there is an icon.png file in there that is blank with no actual image. I tried to replace that ping file in the package, but that breaks code signing so the Application still won't accept the file.

I hope there is quick fix. It is very demoralizing to spend weeks working on a game and then go to upload it and it won't work.

You can see more about the issue with feedback from another user here:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/39091/missing-icon-for-ipad-builds#Item_9

Thanks,
    edited February 2012
    Did you report the bug? Please report it. Posting on the forum doesn't get it fixed reporting it does.
    Yes, I did. Sorry my last post wasn't clear. I was saying I submitted a bug report ant that was the text of the report.

I and am in contact with GS about the issue and providing them the project file and icon I used right now.
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    i had the same problem, and a quick google fixed the problem.

https://devforums.apple.com/message/612098

you will see this post in the link above. there is a link to the application loader 2.5.1
    There's an issue with OS X 10.7.3 that breaks icon validation. Download Application Loader 2.5.1 from iTunes Connect in order to resolve the problem:

ApplicationLoader_2.5.1.dmg
    edited February 2012
    so thats because of the itunes connect maintenace and they release an update? cos i'm stil using snow leopard, dun understand why app loader 2.4.1 is not working? It just failed to submit after their scheduled maintence to itunes connect :(

So snow leopard nd 2.5.1 app loader to work too?

(Update) wow thx for the advice seems like 2.5.1 saved the day!!
    Their app loader interface gets bigger every update :P
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    im also on snow leapord :D

glad it solved your problem as well.
    Thanks- GS support had mentioned this too, but said it was a problem with Lion. I thought it wasn't the issue since I use snow leopard. I didn't realize there was a new application loader available. I downloaded the new application loader and was able to get the app submitted.

Here is the link the new application loader since the other link in mu-kowAPPS post doesn't work:

https://itunesconnect.apple.com/apploader/ApplicationLoader_2.5.1.dmg

Thanks again mu-kow
    yuh lion affected snow leopard now we have to update too :P
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    I encountered this problem last night when trying to submit an update to an iPhone app. I'm running Snow Leopard too but the 2.5.1 Application Loader fixed the problem.

- Jeff