Apple rejected my latest version because IAP error

bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
So, Apple rejected my latest version of my app because of an IAP error. They attached a screenshot of my GS error scene. I recieved the same error page every time I tested the app in Adhoc; but hoped it was more sandbox erors like with leaderboards. I attended the IAP webinar & followed all of the instructions correctly in iTunes connect. I double checked my GS code; which was very simple anyway. I even included the game loads of IAP keys & a restore button; which was the only thing that worked in Adhoc. Not sure why it doesn't work. Please help GS!

Comments

• bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
    I thought that this was how to reach support within the tech support foum.
    Anyway nice to here from u SSS. The following is what Apple shared & just an attachment of my error scene.
    Jan 27, 2012 12:23 PM. From Apple.

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1,which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the user is unable to purchase the In App Purchases. Please see the attached screenshot for details.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to prepare any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, or steps to reproduce the issues for when the DTS engineer follows up. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

IMG_0243.PNG
  • mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 311
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @bren7 What is the error. Post the image. The only error I have ever found when testing is when you don't have the Product ID setup and working. I did find another bug but it had nothing to do with your ability to purchase. And to my knowledge GS has solved that one. But it never had even an error prompt either.
  • jlhardidgejlhardidge Member Posts: 3
    I had an error message on my in app purchases too, which meant my app got rejected from apple the first time. To fix, I had to make sure I had filled out and submitted my tax and banking information in the "Contracts, Tax, and Banking" section on iTunes Connect. And also to test it properly, you need to create a new test account for the Sandbox version of iTunes and Game Center through the "Manage Users" section in iTunes Connect. Then also on your iso device in Settings/itunes & app stores. you need to log out of your apple ID. And make sure that you have Signed your app with an Ad Hoc provisioning profile that you have created on your apple development site, and that all your in app purchases are linked to your app through Manage app in iTunes.