TOTB4 Emmental and the End of Days (old kipper)

old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
In a time when we face a possible global environmental disaster, the drastic effects of radiation, meteorites, lightening, rain, rising/falling sea levels, and cheese can so alter the environment that life will not survive. I hope to highlight these problems by use of a user controlled scientific simulation laid out in a form that will educate the masses. With maniacal manipulation you can save the World or bring on Armageddon (and much amusement). The choice is yours. I will be posting images of the progress so far, but my concentration for the next few hours will be on recording 'kipper' generated audio (I note the requirement for self recorded sounds so I hope a wet armpit and garageband should be enough to get me under the limbo pole of TOTB4 law).

pip pip Old Kipper

Comments

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Kipper !
    Haven't seen you for long time on the forums !
    Sounds interesting , cant wait to see what you come up with mate ..
    Waiting for some screens with anticipation ;)

Roy.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I would expect nothing less crazy then that mate. Keen to see it!

How come I don't see you on Skype anymore? Would be good to catch up :)
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    edited January 2012

early design work with self portrait. Mr. Oz... I've been off working on getting a real life (failed).

rough design layout for closed system layout
    edited January 2012

tHe siM BaSic LAyouT as ArT...
    edited January 2012

adding in the graphics and animation I've been working on. Still lots more to go in...
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    Wow looks nice :)
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    A visual masterpiece! The first one reminds me a bit of Quentin Blake
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Looking really good. (The blueprint style 'rough layout' should be how the instructions screen looks)

When does TOTB4 finish?

Reality is overrated.
    edited January 2012

here be a small preview of the interface working. it gives a clue to what is going to be happening but...

think totb finishes on tuesday...
    Now thats what I'm talking about ! there is so much going on its insane , do you plan to release it to the appstore ?! I think it has a very unique style !
    Keep bringing new updates about your progress !

Roy.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Would literally love to be in your brain for just an hour :)

Dunno what it is but looks awesome
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Crazy stuff; love it! Excellent illustration work as always..

----------------------------------------------
    http://davidgriffinapps.co.uk/

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

edited January 2012
    glad you guys seem to like it, but am not surprised no one can work out whats happening. All I hope will become more obvious as I add more elements (still working on a van der graaf generator, an orgone accumulator coupled to a cloud-busting machine and , some lifeforms, a monster and meteorites) and the scoring system and possibly the zoom in level. WIll see how it goes.

edit. I forgot to mention the boat
    edited January 2012

one of Mr Reich's machines.
    edited January 2012

putting in the final machines after I get the animation done. will take a couple of hours....
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Completely bonkers!.... but genius!

Love the illustration art style and the animation....

If your even half as eccentric as your game ideas, you must be one hell of a guest for dinner parties :)

Im looking forward to more updates on this one......
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    edited January 2012
    I have a lighting generated template if you need it. I have used it in Kung Fu Finger 2 and in dr Ludwig's Evil Eyes (check the last one out at the app store, it is free) Evil Eyes has a simulator wickedness as your project.
    I will put it in my Dropbox if you want it. Please mail me at info at Lumpapps dot com.
    I love your project. Your style is great as always. True talent if you ask me. Now finish this project!!! ;)
    @ludwig Many thanks but I am not sure I am allowed to crib out of templates in the comp or have time to work it in with all I already have to do. Once I get the graphics in I have a lot to do on the game mechanics... an awful lot... and awful, awful lot... and there is all the sound which is going to be quite a large task, but am pacing myself for tuesday so will enter it whatever happens.

@chunkpixels Currently I am only eating flat food that can be slid under the door. WIll let you know when I have had time to wash and get out of pyjamas as I could do with a good feed.
  • mm34125mm34125 Member Posts: 35
    Very impressive! I can't wait to see the final game!
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    edited January 2012
    Are you sure that isn't Dutch weather :p
    edited January 2012

@ludwig unfortunately I don't have the evil programming skills to create Dutch weather...

Got in all this screens worth of interface with animation but still have so much to do- meteors, lightening and orgone energy. Then its creatures and programming.
  • App SurgeApp Surge Member Posts: 651
    This is definitely "outside the box" if I do say so myself....
    Wow!!! I'm very curious about the gameplay of this game! can you actually control and interact with each and every aspect of that machine ?!
    Keep posting progress keeper !

Roy.
    edited January 2012

@pom I hope you will be able to and there will be consequences. I've got in and have working the cloudbusting love machine and the Van der Graaf generator and have them working on the environment. These I hope to be able to put into the general feed back system so it all becomes a balancing act that spawns life and screws the planet big time if you don't. I still have the meteorites to sort out (poking the moon will knock bits off and prolonged poking will send it crashing down. I am knackered after 16 hours on this today but I may just animate the fish lifeforms before bed.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    This looks amazing! Can't wait to see how it all comes together. Will you be putting this on the arcade?
    edited January 2012
    @scitunes Thanks. Your's is the one to watch though. I don't think I will be able to put it on the arcade until I rebuild it for iphone as the graphics overhead and format are more suited to the ipad. I've been pretty sloppy with the memory as I am just rushing to get it together in time for the close of the contest, but I'm seriously thinking now that I'll rebuild it after that (with a planet surface zoom mode). Also I can see that my background mechanics are not going to be up to Mr. Will Wright's on this pass.
    edited January 2012

this mornings design doc. so much to do and so little time...
    edited January 2012

the interface is in, every switch and animation is working and functional! YIPPIE! I've yet to wire in the generation of life and disasters but its coming along. The audio will make huge difference I hope to the experience but now it gameplay, gameplay, gameplay... lifeforms, explosions, a few surprises and more spelling mistakes. Above is a rough guide to the interface.

p.s. I may put up a vid once the sound is in...
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    edited January 2012
    Looks nice man! Can I ask what software do you use to record your screen?