Performance problem when I reset scene

YamasotoYamasoto Member, PRO Posts: 75
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
Hi!
After some performance problems in the last versions of Gamesalad, this week I have trying the new version (0.9.90) and some problems are fixed. But I have a big performance problem when I reset the scene.

In my game "The Police Story", when the police dies in some level, I pause the game with a scene that you can "reset level" or "Go to Home". If I "goto to home" and after I go to the level, the performance is perfect. But, If the police dies in some level, and I reset the scene, when unpause and reset level, the performance of the level is bad. In last versions I don't remember this problem :-(

What can I do?

Thanks.

PD: sorry for my english, I'm working about :-)

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    look at: GameSalad youTube

a gameAttribute boolean: resetScene leave false

in scene for each level:
    a small off-screen controlActor:
    Rule: when
    Attribute: game.resetScene =1 (true)
    --Reset Scene Behavior
    --Timer: After: 0.001 seconds
    ---changeAttribute: game.resetScene To: false

on actor for reset level in pauseScene:
    Rule: when
    touched is pressed
    --changeAttribute: game.resetScene To: true
    --Timer: After: 0.1 seconds
    ---Unpause game

think that probably do those things … and the video will help you more!

your English is good … better than some of my friends/family members!

@};- MH
  • YamasotoYamasoto Member, PRO Posts: 75
    Hi, how are you?

thanks for your time ;-)
    But I 'm using this system always. The problem is after I restart the scene: the performance is worse.
    Curiously, when I use "change scene" to go the same scene, the performance is perfect. I think that "reset scene" don't reset completely.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    okay then best use changeScene ! :)

@};- MH
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Probably, with the implementation of tables, we could have a instant reset without using reset scene rule. Simply use your table to store the starting values of any attribute you required. Put in row 1, then as you priced to next level use a rule to change row no. to row 2 for level 2 values. So if need reset just revert back to the table values which are read only so they won't go wrong like game attributes.
    Well, I know that I have a problem with something about values and sounds. I'm working it, but I didn't have this problem in last versions. When I fix a problem, another appears... I have more news in my game, but I don't can to publish because always I have a bit performance problems.

I don't know how to use the tables yet. I need more time!!!! Thanks ;-)
    Definitely the problem are the sounds. From version 0.6 I have various performance problems with sounds that don't happened in first versions.
    I had a problem when I reseted scene with a sound that was "walking". For example, in level 2-5 I have a water hose that do a sound (size sound has only 14Kb!!!) and this causes low performance..

Two months ago, I sent to GameSalad a mail comment it. I think that GameSalad has a performance problem with sounds.