Stopping Collisions

LBGLBG Member Posts: 277
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
Hi,

I am having issues turning collisions off mid game. When my player actor collides with an enemy, they both take damage. When the enemy reaches 0 or less life I need it to no longer collide with anything, stop moving and play a death animation.

When the enemies health is equal to or less than 0 it dies and plays (or is supposed to) the set of death rules I mentioned above. What actually happend is that it works 80-90% of the time. The other times the collision doen't turn off straight away and the player ends up colliding with the enemy more than once. This appears to be quite random which leads me to believe it is a technical issue with the engine (if it was consistent it would be a rule) - at least that's my logic....

Is this a known bug or issue?

I am continually trying to find a way to work around this for the moment but would like someone at GS to tell me if I am trying to do something that potentially isn't possible.

Many thanks,

LBG

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    You could of just tagged @saladstraightshooter or sent in a bug report at the bottom and kept it in your other thread with the same issues;

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/38345/stopping-collisions#Item_1

This is just cluttering I'm afraid
  • ARC_GamesARC_Games Member Posts: 78
    I get strange issues with collisions sometimes too. Especially if I try to turn them off, or switch them back on for actors during a scene in progress. There is definitely a bit of delay when turning off/on the collision behaviors for an actor. It also gets very tricky if the actor is overlapping or colliding with something already when you turn off/on the collision behavior. It sometimes needs to "un-collide" and then "re-collide" first for the change in Collision behavior to be recognized. Might just be a limitation, but there are workarounds that I have used, namely to switch out the actor whose collision behavior is changing with a similar actor from off screen that has the collision behavior I need it to be. That way works for me.