Build GameSalad Viewer: Failed

gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
Hi, I've been watching TSB's excellent video for installing the GS Viewer on my iPad. All was going swimmingly until I came across a problem when selecting for the Code Signing Identities.

I should have guessed that something was wrong when there was a red exclamation mark against Release. This was the same selection as the other ones. Anyhow, silly me, I went ahead and clicked Build.

It failed, the project with 22 yellow exclamation marks and 1 red exclamation mark. I quit XCode, thinking I could start again, but when I click on GameSalad Viewer.xcodeproj it brings up the same one and I can't do anything. I can't seem to delete the first one to start again for instance.

Any help appreciated, thanks; my "first-time joy" at getting my project onto the iPad will have to wait...

Edit: just found this: BEROR]Code Sign error: Provisioning profile 'GSC Viewer1' specifies the Application Identifier 'uk.co.my web address here' which doesn't match the current setting 'uk.co.my web address here.GSC Viewer1' but I don't know how to fix... also it now says Run in place of Build... the plot thickens.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Comments

• TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Make sure your provisioning profile and certificates are up to date in itunes connect, redownload them and match the ones in Xcode, delete any expired ones and also make sure in Xcode that you have it written out in the build settings properly - com.yourname.yourgame
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited January 2012
    I think I'll have to redo the provisioning profile; I've dumped the first one and going to try again from the beginning; I hope it'll give me a new project to build...

Edit: Oh, hi, TTG, thanks for your reply while I was typing. Thanks for your advice; as it happens - despite using GS for over 2 years - this is the first time I've made the certificates, etc; they are up to date as I only did them a couple of hours ago! Your help appreciated still. I think I'm going to start again and see what happens..

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    In Xcode, go to the Product tab and select clean, this will wipe the existing stuff and 'start' again.

The 22 yellows, i always get them, every time. Its usually to do with updating something, right click on one and usually prompts to update some settings, i always say yes. 22 will remain however as its to do with some font.

I'd say the following for your problem also;

Make sure you have the latest Xcode.
    Make sure your iPhone is registered for development in the provisioning portal.
    Create a new app id.
    Then go to provisioning and under development, create a new profile and select the app id you have just created and make sure your registered development iPhone/iPad is ticked for allowance.
    Note what you name the bundle id .. i.e. com.gyro.gsviewer
    Download the provisioning profile and double click to install in Xcode.
    In the viewer package you downloaded, edit the .plist file and change the bundle id to what you created earlier. i.e. com.gyro.viewer
    Reopen the Xcode project for the viewer.
    Go to product > clean
    Make sure it states at the top its not in simulation mode but has your phone/ipad listed.
    Build/Run

Hope thats of some help.
    Hi beefy, thank you for your time to write your help! As it happens, I redid the provisioning profile (made a mistake there) and went through the whole process again.. and yeeha, it all worked, so I'm as pleased as punch! Can you remember the first time you got the viewer on your iPad? (Well, I'm excited, just loading my project now...) :-)

Awesome, pleased to here it mate :)

I can remember ... i can remember the pain trying to figure it out as well. lol. I was new to the whole sha-bang, to iPhone, to Mac, to game development, to GameSalad, to Xcode, to all ... GameSalad was new! There was no videos to guide me through, and i rushed straight in at the start, didn't get my feet wet, i made an actor move across the screen, that was it, i wanted to test it on my device! Days later, countless hours wasted, i got there, i learnt, i was amazed and the sheer excitement made me do a lil sex wee. lol. I know how you're feeling right now ... enjoy :D
  • GhostShipAppsGhostShipApps Member Posts: 81
    The moment I made the viewer work in my ipod touch was as magic as the first time I watched a color television.
    edited January 2012
    @beefy_clyro Sounds like we've got it easy nowadays! As for the "li'l sex wee", I didn't get that, it must be my age... ;-) I'm quite enthralled by it though, running through all of my 7 projects (all in different unfinished states) this morning with a satisfied grin on my face!

@GhostShipApps It's that good, isn't it?! :-)

@gyroscope ... my apologies, Sir.
    Lil = Little
    Sex wee = A comical term used to refer to semen
    Needless to say, it was a great moment :)
    Heehee, no apology necessary, or explanation, beefy - when I said "I didn't get that" I meant "I didn't get that", not I didn't get it... if you see what I mean!!

"OK, move on, move on..." :-)