Los Angeles!

andrewm2211andrewm2211 Member Posts: 341
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
Los Angeles Gamesalad users lets meet!

I'm a freelance contracter in the film industry, and I want to get into gamesalad more seriously. Let's get together and draw inspiration and share knowledge!

Comments

• EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481
    Cool man I'm from la am a GameSalad user and film/game composer too
  • StanStan Member Posts: 138
    Hey guys! Im from LA too, GS user and graphic designer
  • MorganGerhardMorganGerhard PRO Posts: 14
    Sounds great!! I record the voices for some of the biggest AAA games out there. Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank, etc. GS user & some animation.
    I'm up in Burbank & have the perfect spot to meet (if you need an idea) Burbank Bar & Grill. Outdoors, 2 fireplaces, really cheap happy hour & beautiful servers :)
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    sounds like a cool job, and bar & grill sounds tempting.
    It is! Except for the weeks & weeks of hearing "Grenade!!!" screamed at the top of the actors lungs... :) I get to work with lots of the stars as well as the best voice talent in the world. Feel free to check out the pix on www.morgangerhard.com

If anyone wants to push forward on the meetup, I'm going to be free for happy hour (5-7) this coming Thursday. Burbank Bar & Grill anyone? :)
  • andrewm2211andrewm2211 Member Posts: 341
    Ebreeze:
    hah I'm a compos-iter. Visual effects :P

Morgangerhand:
    Sounds cool, but would we be able to have our laptops out and everything? If we could then awesome, otherwise I was thinking a coffee shop would be a good venue.

I'm glad there's interest I posted this like a year ago and didn't get any response.
    What do guys think, maybe next saturday afternoon?
    Yep, lots of room. I know the owner & staff, so anything we need, we get :)
    Cheap beer ($3 Guiness!!! & $5 martinis) Hummm... what kinda apps would come outta these meetups???

So, we've got a vote for Thursday @ happy hour & a vote for Saturday aft (no happy hour then :(
    I have a full time job and live on the westside, I can't do weekdays in the valley, sorry :(, just not possible.

Here I made a facebook group to make this easier to organize.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/155888724521401/
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Wow! You have this well organised I hope I can do something similar in the uk & Ireland.... I'm going to be in San Jose this summer!, are any of you guys interested in meeting up then?
    Maybe, lets talk sooner to the date. I.E see if I have anything worth showing off!

San Jose is a 5 hour drive on a good day!
  • EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481
    cool guys ... im always looking to collaborate or exchange services/talents...i could use a good goto artist.. especially someone who does decent animations ....im a coffee addict also
    here's me
    http://www.wavesandblaze.wordpress.com
  • StanStan Member Posts: 138
    Hey andrewm2211,

Where in the Valley? I m also in the valley, Tarzana.

I'm down to meet anywhere La

Stan
    Leonard, San Fran is 6-7 hrs :P.

I'm down to go to that place morgan is talking about
    Hey guys, how about shooting for Burbank Bar & Grill this Saturday. 3pm?
    Hey guys! Sorry about this, but I've gotta record a celebrity who can only come in tomorrow afternoon... So, I gotta cancel for this weekend. Maybe next weekend???
  • tutysestutyses Member Posts: 134
    Morgan , how tall are you? You are taller than Vin diesel, and he is 1,82 (or thats what internet says, maybe not true)
    I can't do it for at least 3 weeks, but everyone should still join the facebook group and meet without me until then!
    I'm 6' 3" :) It is surprising when you meet some of the actors in person. They seem bigger than life on the big screen & then you find out they are only 5'7" :)

Still looking forward to a great time w/y'all!!!
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    Hey guys,
    I am new on here and saw this forum. I am from Baltimore MD but live out here in Hollywood CA, going to the LA Film School for video game design and development. Would love to meet up and meet some new people who are into this same thing. I had to make a game in a week for my class and chose to learn Gamesalad and design and build a game in a week. Came together fairly well. But again would love to meet some new people out here.

Thanks,
    killerpengiuns
    rad, join the FB group! (although not a ton going on there right now)
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    Thanks, just sent a request to join the group!
  • FrankForteArtFrankForteArt Member Posts: 2
    is this still live? i'm an animation pro looking to develop games with game salad. I work in Burbank--Live in Hollywood--is there still an LA meetup going on?
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    Hey guys- Feel free to use our Meetup.com/GameSalad group to help organize things. I will happily Tweet it out and help promote. We even have an office in LA!