Mac publishing doesn't included the icon file in the signed app. Alerted by app loader

izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
As above. I've tried adding a different icon file and published the mac app but still the same problem happens. Application Loader alerted me to this. Anybody else experience this? I just sent a tech support mail to the GS guys. Thought it be a lot quicker to get a response here from you guys if you know what's going here.

Comments

• gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    Yes. I am having the same problem and also reported it to GameSalad support. They responded back to me and are working the issue. Like the issues with Android over the weekend...we just need to wait it out. I am sure they will get it fixed soon.
  • Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    I've also reported the same problem. I know the world wants my update! ;-)
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    thanks for the response guys! Ok glad I'm not the only one here :D
    Any luck yet? I have tried for the last three nights. Don't have the energy to try and fail again tonight. I passed on a project file but not aware of a solution yet.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Yup i made a beta build on mac tonight and no icon was built with it! Soo still not fixed I'm afraid :(
    Bob from GS support contacted by email regarding this problem. Yup they're still working on it.
    Aaaaaaa!!! Not to beat a dead horse but I installed the latest gamesalad and thought Great! The icon issue should go away. It hasn't. :-( The package still contains no icon according to apple.
    Great. I was hoping it would be fixed. We need the banner up top again. I don't want to waste my time trying to publish over and over again. So much for my Valentine's app on the Mac App store. :-(
    Maybe while Gamesalad is investigating we can figure out what we may have in common. It seems a problem limited to just a few. I'm using Photoshop to create my icon. I've tried PNG, JPeg & Jpeg2000. PNG is what gamesalad was recommending. I'm on Snow Leopard(I think that's the one, as supposed to Tall Giraffe...Mac OS names are confusing).
  • notthedreamnotthedream Member Posts: 23
    I have the same problem too. when i add icon myself Apple accept my app but reject in a few days cause the app was is working.
    Yes, wish there was an update besides "we're working on it". We're entering the third week of this issue. Maybe suggestions of things to try, etc. I've tried photoshop & gimp thinking maybe it was a PS issue but it's not. My mac developer fee is due soon. If I can't get some more apps up there it's not worth the money and I'm not looking to make donations from the goodness of my heart to a mega rich company like Apple.
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    @Peter - Me too my MAS is up on the 6th...and Tiny Diggers is pretty much ready to go.

How hard is it to release a quick version? A fix like that is 15 minutes for a programmer.
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,288
    Same issue. I wonder if anyone at GS-HQ is actually working on this because you wouldn't expect something that seems so simple to take weeks to sort out!

Are some people able to publish - and others not then?
    If it helps narrow things down I'm on Snow Leopard, my icon is PNG and was rendered out from After Effects.
    I probably shouldn't reply cause in other threads I have said too much already :-) (fyi I am not happy with GS right now).

@Digi-chain I reported it weeks ago, so I do know they know about it and I think they are working on it. Of course communication isn't GS's strong point so who knows what is going on. I think it only is affecting Mac App's and not iPhone or iPad apps since when I did my Valentine app all of those were fine but when I submitted it to the Mac App store is when the ICON error happened. Missing potential valentine day sales doesn't make me happy.

Whew...I tried not to be to snarky and I was able to calm myself down a bit :-)
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,288
    Gregr209 > I fully understand your frustration on this one, I'm fed up too - and at the moment have wasted money purchasing a Mac Developer account that I haven't been able to upload anything to!

I agree that it must be Mac Store only as I've submitted a Ipad version of my game (currently in review) and a iphone update that went through fine.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    It seems like a simple fix, i would of imagined it happening on the GS servers but i wonder, because it hasn't been sorted yet, if its something that'll be sorted on our next update!
    Gamesalad emailed me and said they found a fix and have made the changes which will be released in the next update. When that will occur....?
  • SaladStraightShooter just posted that "the fix will be in the upcoming 0.9.91 release." Who knows for sure but probably this week or next I would guess.
    0.9.91 is out. Has anyone tried to upload to Mac and had success? I'm going pro so users aren't faced with an ad but don't want to do that till I know I can publish for the mac.
    Really I'm going pro for variety of positive reasons, but still....
    @PeterGisHere I've tried it out and yes it is working now. Just submitted an updated Mac app with no problems.
    I can confirm as well. It works! No issues at all.
    Ok. Can one of you tell me what app you loaded? I'd like to see the ad they are talking about.
    I just checked out the PlayHaven web site and I looks like it doesn't work with Mac apps but we need to make sure. I am Pro so the app I submitted won't have the ad in it.
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Are there any Black Bars of Death on the sides of the screen on the Mac version?