Android Publishing - GSC wont accept password on new keystores

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
It will accept passwords on old ones, but those have other problems (not valid long enough, etc.)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Seems lots of people are having different Android Publishing issues. Not sure what they changed. but I think even if you got the PAssword to work it would not give you a singed application at the end. :(
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    not just issue, big problems lolz.
    I published a supposedly updated app and received back the old apk.
    when i test the apk it has none of the changes i made..
    thats even more strange right?
    Its all Strange @GLGames I noted in the other Thread I had the same issue.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    What drives me crazy is that I have two apps on the kindle store that are doing way better than the iOS versions and I have a bunch of other games ready to publish to kindle (and nook) but just can't get GS to cooperate.
    I feel ya man. I finally got around to testing more stuff for the android penguin Glide and im dead in the water right now with this.
    I was hopeful when I saw the purple announcement above the forum threads about publishing being fixed but it still will not accept the password even though I am 100% sure it is right. This is so ridiculous...
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Sci, what games you got on Android? Did the sound delay not affect things much?

Im desperate to finally use some of this Android stuff but was put off with the sound delay, i would like to get something out soon!
    beefy, I have Zombie Claus and Jump 'N Slash. Those two apps bring in anywhere from $5-$10 a day on the kindle and $0-$1 on iOS so I am really annoyed that I can't get GS to cooperate right now.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Crikey, i gotta get my games out there :) Big difference.

What resolution did you use for the Kindle?
    I just published my iphone retina builds. It letterboxes them, but it looks good. The only thing is that the letterbox color will match the scene background color. So if you have a game where it's not set to black you'll probably want to fix that. Otherwise I think it works fine. I know the purists out there may not like it but I think it looks good and is just as fun to play.