any news?

2»

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Have to say that I did try Unity, and found its documentation to be excellent and it wasn't too difficult to use.

However, the month trial was not long enough for me to really get to grips with it. And when you're spending a ton of money on something, you have to know you're going to get the most out of it!

GS has been awesome for me. It's free, which means you can get to grips with it quite quickly OR take your time. The nice thing is, you don't have to spend any money till you know you've got a game ready to go.

The constant improvements and help also stand in GS's favour, as well as its ease of use.

Looking forward to GameSalad 3D at some point - and maybe the ability to port to other platforms too! Who knows, eh?

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    Unity is defintily not that complicated... i have never coded or programmed anything before but after 4 weeks playing with unity i was able to rebuild a game that i have made with GameSalad...

Nevertheless i would prefer to create my games with GameSalad, firstly because of the smaller filesize, secondly because i hope its less expensive and thirdly do i simply like the concept to create games without programming ;))
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    I found that Unity was not very intuitive. Maybe if I had 4 weeks to play with it and I wanted to read documents, it would be okay. But I don't really need to read documents for GameSalad.(Just write them)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I thought with unity you had to know some form of programming, and that it isn't as intuitive as Gamesalad? At least that's what I heard from the guys at unity, they said it's fairly intuitive, but towards the end you need to be able write some code
    CodeMonkey you are right ;)

while i have read the first three weeks all unity-tutorials i have found it was more like copying and pasting code i have seen in the documents... but at least it has worked... and yes it was not intuitive!

Using GameSalad is fun!

and i think you can use GS with simple try and error... its fun and self-explanatory, respectively the tool-tips explains all you have to know...
    The part that has surprised me the most in unity was the fact that at least i have made a simple game... so i was very happy because i haven't excpected this...

While i defintily would have been disappointed if i wouldn't have been able to create a game with GameSalad ;)

So the expectations were very different ;)

Thats why i say unity is easy to learn... i have thougt its nearly impossible for me ;)