Question about project file size...

DsAngelDsAngel Member Posts: 29
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
Hi! got some question wanted to know about the project file size..

I have a project size at 17.6MB show in the gamesalad and when publish the size is 33.6MB...
Then at the same project i manage to reduce the image to 16.5MB, after that i republish this new file and the file size is still 33.6MB

Anyone know why? or what have cost this to happen that prevent the file size to reduce..
Oh ya, for both i hv enable the resolution independence...

Thanks!

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Save your project as a new one by doing a save as. Then try publishing out. Sometimes even when you delete stuff it lingers with a regular save. See if that helps.
  • tterettere Member Posts: 6
    press the image button in the libary.
    there you can delet the images that you don´t need ..
    when you only delet the actor the image is still in the app ..
  • DsAngelDsAngel Member Posts: 29
    I have deleted all that i can, but still it remain the same...
    But the question i wanted to know here is why the publish size still the same even after i hv reduce the image size from the original...
    Btw, it was same as a different file and still the same! :(

Anyway, just curious to know why...

• GuaveMediaGuaveMedia Member, PRO Posts: 1,262
    Hey,

do you know the image sizes of GameSalad?
    So if you have a file thats for example 513x257, GameSalad recognizes
    the image as 1024x512. So make sure that your images are the size you need in the game.

Here are the image sizes:

32x32
    64x64
    128x128
    256x256
    512x512
    1024x1024

Hope that helps...

Alex
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Alex All of that information has absolutely nothing to do with file size. That is all Ram usage Stuff. Please don't confuse the two and even more so confuse others with that.

DS Angel GameSalad does add a little but there should not be a doubled size. Please use this link http://arcade.gamesalad.com/feedback And send in your project so they can look into your issue.
  • DsAngelDsAngel Member Posts: 29
    Ok! Thanks Tenrdrmer! will do that! :)

Btw, i use 0.96 version... do this will effect the file size?

Also, Do i need to send them the publish version?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    edited January 2012
    This is normal if you have resolution Independence checked (also iOS publishing defeats heavy PNG optimisation) so no need to bother GS with your project.

(a doubling in size does seem a tad excessive however)
  • dominiconlinedominiconline Member Posts: 5
    Yep had the same thing on my project Gamesalad say your under the 20Mb and it says its 14 .35 and when i saved out and look at my file in the finder it says 20.8, It uploads but dose not play, as a test i then delated all the scenes apart from one, removed all background files and saved it as a new project and now the finder says its 15Mb Gamesalad seems to story all the delated information somehow, and comands and rules, so i have the fun job of starting again from scratch i think, and when i had finally got everything working fine...