BUG?

ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
Hey guys got NO idea why this isn't working other then a bug.

I have one actor with a Rule:
When ALL conditions are Valid.
When overlaps or collides with actor type "Enemy"
When x is pressed.

Interpolate Self Height to XXX

On the Enemy I have a Rule that says:
When ALL conditions are Valid.
When Overlapping with Player
When X is Pressed

Destroy Actor.

Strange thing is, as soon as the scene starts they both interpolate!
Neither is over lapping and the X isn't pressed either? This has to be a bug.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Unfortunatly it's more than likely not a bug and bad code. You'll peob need to post some screenshots so we can see exactly what you have set up. The actor rules what actors are in Any tags you have your rules referencing. And make sure your instances are not unlocked with different rules from the prototypes.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    edited December 2011
    But neither of the the rules requirements are met, thus the action should not happen... But I will try get a screen shot up now.

- Edit. Strangely enough I turned the otherwise rule off and it stopped the bug. BUT.. Before I tried it and it didn't fix anything.
    I don't know why the Enemy interpolated and The otherwise rule is his base height, so he shouldn't interpolate when he's already at the othereises interpolate height :S
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited December 2011
    I had something strange as well. I have a bunch of targets that destroy on overlap and collide with a bullet. All are the same actor with the same code but one never destroys but collides. I deleted it and added another and it destroyed but one of the existing ones stopped destroying.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    are these spawned actors?
    spawned actors can be quirky, if you want them to be very active … i.e. require the computer to monitor their state and have them initiate events
    (to me, it seems that they have a slight time-lag at start ;)

please look at: Tshirtbooth's video on recycling
    and, look at all the other great things on GShelper.com!

you could recycle or replicate; rather than spawn.

@ozboybbrian … I would always put the user input as a single condition rule and nest the Rule for the collide condition
    Rule: when x is pressed
    --Rule: when Actor receives event: overlaps/collides with 'Enemy'
    ----Interpolate

or at least have user input 1st in the conditions. (CPU responds to input 1st )

MH
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    @motherhoose nope they all start in the scene. I'm going to investigate it more today and if it continues I may send a message to support and send them the file.