BUG: Deleting an attribute after copying an actor.

rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I created "Actor A". It already had some custom attributes and rules/behaviors setup that used those custom attributes. I then copied actor A and renamed the copy from "Actor A copy" to "Actor B". I then made tweaks and additions to actor B.

I then decided that I didn't want one of the custom attributes in actor A anymore, so I went to delete it with the "-" (minus) button under the actor attributes. It did its thinking to see what used that custom attribute and low and behold, it came back and reported that both actor A and actor B were using it.

Well, I didn't want to delete it and possibly affect actor B so I rename it in actor B and then deleted it from actor A. Problem solved.

However, this is obviously mostly a bug since the custom attributes were only within the scope of the actor they were within (i.e. actor A's attributes were only in scope within "Actor A", the same with actor B and these were of course not game level attributes).

Now I don't know if I had agreed to delete that attribute if it would have wiped it out of both actor A and B or not (didn't want to waste further time last night) but I thought I would bring it to the attention of the DEVs (and fellow users) since they will likely want to ensure the correct scope is report as well as deleted from.

Please retain the feature of reporting which actors are using game level attributes when you try to delete them as that is a handy feature.

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Yeah, this is still an issue.

So I did copy an actor A to actor B. I then deleted one of the actor attributes in B (call it "FlapSpeed" or something) and it left it in A's attribute list but its usage in A's behaviors became a "0" instead of the "self.FlapSpeed".

Beware.