My account doesn't work on the forums!!

SteamworksSteamworks Member Posts: 61
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
so i changed my accounts info including the name and it works wit the homepage but not on the forums, yesterday i couldn't even sign in on the forums. on the forums i still have my old name but i cant access my account please help!
*edit
i have tried signing out and back in and that doesn't work. i still have my old account name (bluesmurph)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Try opening every tab and logging out of each section. Then from the main page log back in and click through each tab until you get back to the forum. Their login stuff is still very screwed up. I hope they figure it out sooner or later.
  • SteamworksSteamworks Member Posts: 61
    yah my account is correctly logging in in all the tabs BUT the forums -.- lol
    I know mine does that all the time to. Did you log out of every single one including the forum before you login on the main page? Also I would include emptying your cache once you are fully logged out.
    damn i just tried what you said and it still doesn't work. should i just create a new account?
    No don't make a new account. Email GS through the contact forum. I'll also send them a message to look into it.
    edited December 2011
    yah i emailed them yesterday and it said it would take 2 days to respond. yesterday i couldn't sign in at all on the forums so i'm happy i can at least sign in now :P
    thank you for the help!!!
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    @Bluesmurph-
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I can imagine it is frustrating to not be able to login with your newly changed account. However, like @tenrdrmer said, we have been seeing issues with the forum login for all users and- Believe me! It is frustrating me too! The login issues are something that we are continuing to investigate and resolve with our forum software.

With that said- with your email into Customer Support, they will be able to more closely diagnose your issues if they fall outside of the current widespread login issues. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I have never been able to login using my iphone.