BUG: Angular drag does not work

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Once an object starts spinning angular drag seems to have no effect.

version 0.8.3

Example:

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/41997

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Bumping this thread, cuz it's true.
    This really needs to be fixed as it is causing issue with a handful of scenarios and game types.

I know Syn and a handful of others have notices velocity and angular velocity not coming to a complete rest eventually. Even when forcing a "0" value on an actor velocity attribute or two [or three ;-) ].
    @tsb: Me too but after lots of testing in various methods, I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did.

Although, I did have one test scenario where if I used a "Rotate" behavior with a value around 100 or higher, it did seem to slow down and stop (abruptly)...but that test, which was mainly a slightly modified version of what I was wanting to do, was convoluted with shared "Constraint" behaviors.

More simplistic scenarios proved futile.

It may come down to some threshold that they have to lower or even maybe some pointer mishap behind the scene where things are not 'wired' up like they thought they were. Or they put that feature setting in a behavior and were planning on implementing it but didn't. Something's not right somewhere.
  • adadoadado Member Posts: 219
    Running up against this in as well.
  • adadoadado Member Posts: 219
    bump for CodeMonkey since he is active in the forums right now.
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,134
    The issue has been noted in our bug tracking system. Thanks!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I'm thinking that this wasn't fixed for 0.8.5.

I tried using Interpolation for easing, but that wasn't working out for me.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Im assuming this wasnt fixed for 8.6 either.

Would like to see it addressed though.... its not a gamebreaker for me, but definately annoying.
  • V_StudiosV_Studios Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to bump this again because it seems to still be a problem.

Is there a work around? It's kind of an important part of the game I'm working on and I can't move on until I find a fix.

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Angular Drag values should be small so you can notice the effects. Small as in less than 2.

.5 is pretty good.
  • V_StudiosV_Studios Member Posts: 2
    Oh, thanks!

Now I feel foolish. Lol.

Well thanks again! Got my game working correctly now :)