hi i received an amazon appstore rejection.

ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
Your app has failed a test case. Bug Description:The application requests permission for: NETWORK COMMUNICATION, FULL INTERNET ACCESS. There are no features in the application that correspond to this permission. Steps to Reproduce: 1. Download and install the application on the device. 2. During installation, observe permissions request for NETWORK COMMUNICATION, FULL INTERNET ACCESS. 3. Open the application. 4. Explore the application, options menu, and features, observe that there are no links, advertisements, or web content that corresponds with this permission. OS/Device(s)/Form Factor: Samsung I777 (Galaxy S 2) A 2.3.4

well. nothing I can do unless gamesalad changes the network communication requirement/permission for the android unsigned apk. (p.s. my game does not have any links or ad or web contents etc.)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I realize we should not be forced to have a link in our apps but to publish to android you must have pro so if you have pro add a link to facebook or something.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2011
    i was under the impression that open url function doesn't work on android device yet. am i wrong? that's the only reason i removed link in there.

if it does. do you or anyone know how to link to ratings page like we do for the iTunes?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    links dont work for android.

I got the same rejection for one of my apps and I got two other approved.
    hum.. that's what i mean... GS gave it network access yet link doesn't work, just doesn't make sense... so what did you do scitunes? just submit again with a fake link?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Actually I haven't tried to resubmit yet. I'll take a closer look at the ones that were accepted and see if there is some reason to why they were accepted and the third one was not. My guess is that the real human that checked the third app was just more thorough. So I imagine that I will either need to resubmit the same apk or wait for GS to fix the url issue.
    I still included the Links. They just don't work. But I also did not get a rejection. Theres definitly some issues they are still working out with android. It would have been nice to have them all solved before launching but hey I guess thats why its a beta. You should be able to check off just like multitasking where you need network access or not. Etc...
    thanx guys. guess i'll probably go the tenrdrmer route and just fake it ... but... i can't even imagine my "customers" clicking on a link that doesn't work, they are probably thinking this dude must be an ape to be monkeying around like this... anyway i'll quite fueling my inner perfectionism... i wish GS had re-focused their objective and market and get some more funding to hire extra help... it's a great product.. if it'll only do all it claims to do. oh well... still i guess i can live with this hyperlink issue... just wish they fix the music bug... it's basically the same as not being able to publish.