Change scene not working 2nd time...help pls

applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
So I've got a button actor with a rule that when pressed and a few other things are correct it changes to scene2 - it does just that the first time.

Now if I change scene from scene2 back to scene1 and try that button again it doesn't work.

All the rules are correct so that it should work and if I stick a sound in there it plays the sound every time i hit the button so its all set up correctly. it just won't change scene!

Can anyone help with this please? is it a bug? any workarounds?

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Have you got any booleans in the rule to change scene? If so these will need resetting back to false.

I would also try touch is released instead of pressed.

Darren.

GS Templates & Tools
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2011
    Hi Darren,

Thanks - there are booleans which are set correctly but I thought because the rule is based on those AND a press it should work without any resetting, no?

I will try your touch suggestion
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    can you post your rule to everyone?
    edited December 2011
    The rule works. If I stick something else like play a sound - the sound plays every time - but the change scene doesn't

touch didn't help - investigating the boolean thing. must be a bug
    edited December 2011
    Ok this is weird. I've stripped the rules down to a single touch (no other rules) - same thing happens. The button works and changes scene first time. Go back to and try again - doesn't change scene. The sound I put in there to test plays every time.
    Solved it! What a fool I am.

I screwed up something on another actor that was resetting the scene to the one i was on! - so never letting it escape to a different scene.

Thanks guys for your help as always.
  • izzieccizziecc Member Posts: 2
    what did you screw up exactly? I'm having the same issue.
  • StarmuteStarmute Member Posts: 24
    Send a dropbox link! I can try to help if I have something in front of me.