Does iAds dissapear if i change scene?

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
Hey ,
I havent used iAds for ages now in my projects , last thing i remember is that when an ad was showing and you changed scene , to a scene where you don't want the ad to be showed , it was still remaining on the screen , 6 months after , did GS fixed this?
are there any problems with iAds on the current version? or anything that changed and i should know before i put it in my game ?

Thanks.
Roy.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Its always been my experience with App Store builds the iAd was killed any time the scene changed. I think what you are referring to was just a creator/viewer issues with displaying the test ads.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited December 2011
    @tenrdrmer
    Thanks for the quick reply mate .
    Just for clarification , say i want iAd to show on opening scene , so i put the behavior , then when the player goes to a different scene i want it to disappear , (i don't want ads in the second scene) , so you say that if i change scene it will disappear right?

Also i remember something about spawning and destroying the iAd actor to increase the fill rate , is this still relevant?

Roy.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I never had any success with that method increasing fill rate. It has always seemed to me the higher your daily downloads the higher the fill rate. But iADs has never server a reasonable fill rate to begin with. Im not sure I will mess with iADS any more to be honest. Would much rather have a more stable and profitable ad platform like adMob.