shall i update to 0.9.87 ???

SharkawyDevSharkawyDev Member Posts: 225
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
as seen almost everybody facing some problems with the new GS version so shall i update or just stick with the current for a while ??? is game salad server gonna sign my game with the older version or not ???

Comments

• GuaveMediaGuaveMedia Member, PRO Posts: 1,262
    Hey,

I have the 0.9.86 and it also has some bugs I think? When publishing the application is unable
    to find the game... thats my problem at the moment^^

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    edited December 2011
    I'm holding off personally. I just published a game, and I'm waiting to see if any last minute fixes need to be made and sent in for update review. I know how 0.9.85 works, and Im not going to create a potential catastrophe by upgrading in the middle of a project. I learned years ago to never upgrade in the middle of a project, with any software.
  • PoseMotionPoseMotion Member Posts: 51
    You have no option but to update. GameSalads server side publishing only works with the latest version.
  • PoseMotionPoseMotion Member Posts: 51
    @ tshirtbooth

Sorry, didn't know you could still publish with an older version. When did that change? As far as I remembered, you'll always had to use the latest. So I wouldn't call that 100% un true. As you couldn't go back much farther in versions and publish.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I can say im on 0.9.87 and have no Project Issues. The creator does lag and stutter when pre-viewing now. but I can live with that for the time being as long as on device it works properly.
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    0.9.87 works dandy for me. So far at least.

If you have things that seem like bugs, take another look at your code.

Try something slightly different.
  • ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
    STAY ON 9.8.5: myself, along with many others (if not everyone) cannot upload apps to the Apple app store after publishing with 9.8.7. There's an armv6 error that doesn't let you add anyhting through application loader. I wish I was in your position to stay at 9.8.5, because I might ahve actually been able to submit my app to apple...
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I have 0.9.87 the creator is a bit weird and seems a little unstable to me too

Is good that we can still use 0.9.85 to publish