0.9.87 Viewer problem

applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
edited December 2011 in Tech Support
Is it just me or is everyone getting "install latest version" when trying to use viewer? I've got the latest 0.9.87 GS creator and viewer installed.

PS. i've tried deleting app and reinstalling and i've tried shutting down device and restarting.

Comments

• applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    is viewer working for everyone else?
  • rnyacoubrnyacoub Member Posts: 132
    me 2, i cant build it. but its ok to build the previous versions. any help
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    edited December 2011
    Yes it works fine, ensure you delete GS viewer off the device first, then compile and load the new viewer. I had this issue initially but found OSX Lion was opening automatically past documents (the old viewer) so I was editing the wrong one.
  • AnunnakiCreatorsAnunnakiCreators Member Posts: 54
    A good practice to avoid getting those problems is to delete the app with every new release both on the phone and on the computer.
  • rnyacoubrnyacoub Member Posts: 132
    this is the error i get

ld: in /Users/ratebyacoub/Downloads/viewer-distribution-10/libGameSaladViewer.a, file is universal but does not contain a(n) armv6 slice for architecture armv6
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ failed with exit code 1
    Yes I deleted the app from my devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 1) and rebooted them both. And re-downloaded viewer from gamesalad.com and installed via Xcode 4.2.

it installs but when GS creator sends my game it pops up to install latest viewer!
    just deleted the GS creator app from my mac. reinstalled. getting the same thing. I've tried everything now. I can't preview on any device now.
    edited December 2011
    can anyone dropbox or email the iOS viewer 0.9.87 zip that worked for them?

I wonder if they changed the viewer on the site - because I just can't get it to work.

productivity is at near standstill for me again :(
    edited December 2011
    Please does anyone know why I'm getting this ? I've just deleted game salad creator, removed the viewer apps from devices. totally gone. downloaded both again from the site. Installed creator to applications. it is 0.9.87. built viewer with Xcode 4.2. It builds and installs fine with no problems.

and I STILL get it saying you need to install the latest version of viewer when I try and preview a game.

I haven't heard back from help desk in over 24 hours. And although SSS posted something about them looking at the viewer issues I don't know whether he meant this. No-one else appears to be having this problem ?!

Cheers guys, if you can come up with any ideas.
  • fenix66fenix66 Member Posts: 59
    I also have a problem with viewer, like myacoub i get this error while trying to comile viewer

ld: in /Users/ratebyacoub/Downloads/viewer-distribution-10/libGameSaladViewer.a, file is universal but does not contain a(n) armv6 slice for architecture armv6
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang++ failed with exit code 1

When I changed to Arm7 optimised it compiled ok but when I try to upload game from creator to viewer then viewer closes instantly and I'm unable to upload anything to viewer.
  • bujerubujeru Member Posts: 3
    I had the same "install latest version" problem.

I was able to fix the problem and run my game on the Viewer by manually deleting all of my GameSalad settings in my ~/Library directory. There must have been some old settings getting in the way and causing the problem.

This command below is advanced, and DANGEROUS. It will blow away all settings with the name "GameSalad" in them. Make a backup if you need, double-check your typing before you hit return, and don't blame me if you lose settings or ruin your computer. Is that enough disclaimer? ;) This will definitely erase your GameSalad settings, clear your "Open Recent" menu, force you to login again, etc..

open Terminal, and type this: (cut & paste if you want so you don't mess it up)
    cd ~/Library; find . | grep -i gamesalad | while read -r f; do rm -rf "$f"; done
  • bujerubujeru Member Posts: 3
    BTW, I should have added this-

Its a very good idea to review the list of what you're deleting before you delete. Run just the first half of that command to see what will be deleted, its a long list. Look carefully. If you see anything you don't want deleted, don't run the command I posted.

cd ~/Library; find . | grep -i gamesalad