GameSalad to Integrate Kiip Reward System

SFSF Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 35
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hi everyone,

Today we're excited to announce a partnership that will bring a brand new monetization option to GameSalad Professional developers. In the coming weeks, we will launch integration of the Kiip achievement-based rewards system inside GameSalad Creator.

For developers looking for an alternative to simple banner ads, Kiip offers a unique and engaging approach to mobile in-game advertising. Based on "achievement moments," Kiip provides gamers with real world rewards from established brands in return for their virtual gaming achievements. These achievements can range anywhere from reaching a high score, to completing a level, or winning a boss battle.

Kiip seamlessly presents advertisements in a meaningful way by offering tangible rewards that are far more compelling than the typical static banner ads you see in many free-to-play games. By attaching the reward to an in-game accomplishment, developers can put more emphasis on designing achievements and control where and when the advertisements are shown, eliminating the negative association players have traditionally felt with in-game ads. Kiip is a cool alternative form of advertisement designed specifically for the mobile gaming experience.

Kiip brings a number of top brands to GameSalad's community of Professional developers, including Kodak, Best Buy, Popchips™, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and vitaminwater, among others.

Kiip integration is currently undergoing final testing and is slated for launch to all Professional GameSalad members in mid-December. We’re excited to offer this new monetization opportunity to our Pro developers and hope you all are able to reap the rewards.

Cheers,

Steve

Comments

• youngster9youngster9 Member Posts: 326
    Wow this is incredible! On the website it said Kiip works for Android will be able to use Kiip on Android and iOS?

Youngster9
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    This is awesome! is a very good monetization option for us and its very good for gamers!

Cheers.
  • JackYdJackYd Member Posts: 93
    Awesome news!! I see a bright future for GameSalad...is it true there are 200,000 developers using GameSalad? it doesn't seem to be that many...at least around the forums
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    This is awesome news! It's a very exciting time to be a GS developer! You guys have done a great job, and I am so happy with all the new features on the horizon!! Thanks GS! :)
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    more money !!!!!!!! i like the sounds of that. for those of you who's familiar with kiip, all sounds fancy for the player, but how does "monetization" work for the developer? does the company give users free stuff and us KA-CHIN?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    ultima said:
    more money !!!!!!!! i like the sounds of that. for those of you who's familiar with kiip, all sounds fancy for the player, but how does "monetization" work for the developer? does the company give users free stuff and us KA-CHIN?

From what I understand about Kiip is the payout is very nice. Much better than iAds and a much higher fill rate.

I have been looking forward to this one. For a while now.
    One question is kiip comparable with both android and iOS if yes I now have a lot more excitement about the actual android marketplace.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    This sounds very exciting Steve! You guys continue to amaze me with the features you are putting into the Pro package. Kiip, while I haven't read up on it much, looks to be great for the user and the developer! If all goes well, I will be adding this into some of our apps asap. But I would like to know if this feature is compatible with both iOS and Android? If the answer is both, then this could be a great way to bring in more revenue from our games :) It is a very exciting time to be a GameSalad developer, and I look forward to everything coming down the road!

- Alex

Edit: According to the Kiip homepage, it is supported across the board!

Edit Again: Dang it SkyMaple, beat me too it :)
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    This looks like a very cool new Pro feature but I hope GS isn't getting distracted from the features that they have planned for a while now.
    tenrdrmer said:
    One question is kiip comparable with both android and iOS if yes I now have a lot more excitement about the actual android marketplace.

Yes it is for both, it says it right there on the homepage...
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Do we set what the prize will be for this achev and that achiev. Will the prizes increase in value with the difficulty of the acheiv?

I think this is important to know. Do we choose Does Klip Choose? etc etc.
    Jeffnichols said:
    Do we set what the prize will be for this achev and that achiev. Will the prizes increase in value with the difficulty of the acheiv?

From what it sounds like, we just specify what the achievement is, and Kiip takes care of the rest. I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if you have done more than just watch the video on the Kiip homepage :)
    Jeffnichols said:

Its been a while since I looked at the details of kiip but I think I remember you being able to target ads as well as place a value on the achievement with respect to the other achievments
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    Hurray! Sounds awesome guys!

I would also like to know whether it is for IOS and Android or not.
    -Thomas
    SnapFire said:
    Hurray! Sounds awesome guys!

I would also like to know whether it is for IOS and Android or not.
    -Thomas

Its for both iOS and Android, as mentioned above :)

- Alex
    Alex Just cause its Kiip works on both doesn't mean GameSalads implementation works on both. We need to hear a for sure from them. For example. Right now openURL works in IOS and does not on Android
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Please can someone update me as to when we'll get proper achievements? I mean GameCenter ones.

Thanks,

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

tenrdrmer said:
    Alex Just cause its Kiip works on both doesn't mean GameSalads implementation works on both. We need to hear a for sure from them. For example. Right now openURL works in IOS and does not on Android

Oh, gotcha. Sorry for the confusion.
    quantumsheep said:
    Please can someone update me as to when we'll get proper achievements? I mean GameCenter ones.

Thanks,

QS

Now QS you know we don't like it when people hyjack the a feature announcement thread with When are we getting my feature questions. ;)

But yeah I don't get why if they can do GameCenter Leaderboards they cannot make Achievements happen. Seems just crazy to leave it out.
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    It would seem a bit silly to have Kiip and not GC achievements.
    Seeing your accomplishments online and then remembering the 2$ coupon u got for it would certainly motivate users to play more, translating into more expressions/earnings off of the single app.

I am rather happy with this particular announcement.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    tenrdrmer said:
    Now QS you know we don't like it when people hyjack the a feature announcement thread with When are we getting my feature questions. ;)

I think they're related, both being based on achievements.

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Nice one guys, looking forward to it .

It looks great :
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Calm down calm down i don't have the new GS version
    I got it from the kiip blog , so everyone could see:
    http://blog.kiip.me/post/13491904105/kiip-and-gamesalad-level-up

I wonder what future plugins you gonna give us !

Also, like the others said, we really like to know when we will get gamecenter achievements ..

Cheers
    Roy.
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Read about this guy who started Kiip a year ago, great to finally see it come to fruition. I'm really shocked it's on GS!
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Oooh interesting! Does anyone have any kind of stats on how it compares to say iAds?
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    How does this work for players, developers outside USA? Seems to be only USA partners on kiip.
  • pixel_knightspixel_knights Member Posts: 50
    I'm with Basseman on this one, yes, new stuff is always nice, but I'd really hate to find out that new functionality had been put in at the expense of fixing critical issues like the horribly broken android publishing and poor GS performance.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    They are working on the patch, i know this, you know this, it'll be here when its here! They are just announcing what is coming, its good communication, we all whinged when we knew nothing!

Interestingly Yoda states its target for mid december, to me this means, either;

A. The patch for 0.9.86 will be introduced mid december also
    B. A GS update on top of the patch is scheduled for a couple of weeks.

Hmmm
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    yes, the communication is getting much better and they should be praised for it. New features should be kept in development as old bugs are being fixed, they should be run in parallel with dedicated team that works on both, and only change roles in case of extreme emergencies. Just as any company out there has team that deals with existing product and R&D team.

So yes i'm extremely happy that they are getting better on communicating at least that shows me that they are still alive and care. bugs.... there will always be bugs to fix... always even in our own little creation but that doesn't mean we stop everything else. please keep at it, the updates/patches are being released at a much better pace than it was before (at least half a year ago when I joined.. )so let's keep our hopes up that it'll only get better and better.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    For some reason I get the same feeling deep in my gut that I felt when iAds was announced. Another lunge at prioritising a monetization option over long overdue improvements to the engine and editor.

Seems To make the masses happy though.... :)
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    I always wait for 'the voice of reason' to post first these days - makes me seem less like Mr negative. But ...plus bloody one +1.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Yup.. I hear you SSS... but I think its relevant to express concerns in these threads.

You say these improvements run parallel with fixes and development... but to an extent thats simply been proved to be untrue. The editor has needed many, many simple, but hugely important improvements for ages now, and occaisionally they get plonked into a roadmap or upcoming features list... only to never materialise... yet new publishing options and monetizing options get bolted on with regular frequency. Search back through the posts, and you'll see simple things like grids, editor zoom, improved layer functions, copy/paste functions have been requested for over 2 years now.....

The editor is the heart of GameSalad, and keeps getting neglected. If its being improved alongside all these new publishing/monetizing options...then why havent we seen any of these editor improvements for the past couple of years? Surely they would have been added incrementally with each update if development ran side by side...

Honestly... its like the editor was coded in some strange alien language or something, that none of the coders want to touch, whereas bolting on new components seems to be a much easier option.... it doesnt make sense.
  • mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    Quick question how can I make money from kiip and I am pro user and also non-us how can I get money from kiip? ( I cannot find from kiip web)