Gamesalad 9.85 Beta won't open - crashes on launch.

JonTiStudiosJonTiStudios Member Posts: 66
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have not used GameSalad in a while - I had missed a few updates.

I was going to start using it today, so I opened it up. It opened, and prompted me to update to the latest version, so I did.

Now it refuses to open! It crashes instantly upon launch before loading any of the UI.

I am running OS X 10.6.8 with 2GB of Ram. I have tried re-installing it several times. Either it is not working or I'm uninstalling wrong. (I'm simply moving the application to trash and re-downloading/installing the 9.85 beta).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• JonTiStudiosJonTiStudios Member Posts: 66
    RKS said:
    I have a 0.92 backup, do you want it?

I guess if I can't get this one working I will come to you for that. I'd really like to get the latest version working, I'm not sure what's going on...
  • ToddTodd Member, PRO Posts: 8
    I'm having the same problem OSX 10.6.8 as well. Any thoughts as to what might be happening?
    Thanks.
    What's going on here? Is this affecting most people with 9.85?

I'm on a Pro subscription, where do I access the "Priority Technical Support" to get this resolved?
    Thank you, submitting it now.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Try making sure you are disconnected from all internet/wifi and try opening again
    beefy_clyro said:
    Try making sure you are disconnected from all internet/wifi and try opening again

I will try that as soon as I get home from work, thanks.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    I'm not sure it will help but sometimes I've had issues where it doesn't crash but is just spinning wheel and it's looking to send crash reports but couldn't, disabling the Internet bypasses that. Defo worth a shot
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Its crashes as well for me!! and its really annoying!!
    LeonardDeveloper said:
    Its crashes as well for me!! and its really annoying!!

Well at least I'm not alone here. I have submitted a request with GS and I will post here with what info I find and hopefully how to fix it.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I have another thread about this somewhere and there's about 15 people on through the Sam problem
    Just an update. It was suggested I update my Mac to 10.7 (Lion), so I did. However, nothing has changed with GS - it still won't even start even after a reinstall.
    Updated to GS 9.86, but the problem persists. Anyone else get it working with 9.86?
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to give an update to this. I did get GameSalad working on my machine. It turns out there was an issue with files on the computer for my Mac User Account. I installed GS on a different User Account and it started up just fine. It appears that previous installations of GS left some incompatible (or corrupt) files on the machine that caused the newer versions to crash when updated/installed.

Here's the steps I took to fix it on my main user account (Done on OSX Lion):

1. Uninstall GameSalad
    2. Go to Finder, click the "Go" menu on the top
    3. Hold Option key and you will see "Library" appear - click it
    4. Once in Library folder, use the search in the upper right and search for "gamesalad"
    5. Be sure to select the option to just search in the Library folder otherwise it will find your project files and things you want to keep.
    6. Once it's found all "gamesalad" objects in the Library ONLY folder - select them all and move them to trash.
    7. Re-install the latest version of GameSalad

These were the steps I took, and now GameSalad boots up with no problems on my regular user account.

Hopefully this helps some of you.
  • jabjab Member, PRO Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
  • jabjab Member, PRO Posts: 5
    I was having the same problem with GS 0.9.88 crashing on launch. Not only did I delete all files with the words "GameSalad" or "GendaiGames" from my Library's Preferences folder, I also opened my Home Folder > Library > Application Support and deleted the GameSalad folder (you may also find the same folder in your system's main Library folder). There was an old GS license in there that was causing it to crash on launch. You can drag the folder to the trash and not delete it, then try launching GS. If it doesn't work, just drag the folder back from the trash.