GameSalad Erasing Variable Data

AnunnakiCreatorsAnunnakiCreators Member Posts: 54
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have no clue why, but mainly with random(x,y) functions and some other values. When I set up a change attribute after a while it blanks out the field.

For example:

game.random = random(1,5); (Done with the formula tab)

After a while it changes...

game.random = 5;

For my other variables it will do this:

game.onEasy = true;

After a while...

game.onEasy = (Field is blank);

Any clue what is causing this problem? And has it been identified as a bug yet? I submitted it to support, just wondering if it was a known error or not.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Never had this issue. I use randoms all the time. Sorry. Hopefully Support can help you out with it.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    I get this from time to time, and it usually involves me deleting the main actor from the stage, and then dragging him back out again. Every time I did that, I would lose the field in my jump button that directed it to the main actor. And sometimes it would happen when I was scripting the jump button itself, and realized I put it in the wrong layer, and then dragged it into another layer. I would lose the same field doing that as I did with deleting and replacing the main actor.

Wasn't a big deal for me since I made a custom behavior, and could just drag and drop the script in again.
  • AnunnakiCreatorsAnunnakiCreators Member Posts: 54
    The weird thing about it is I will save the project. Come back to it and it was gone like that. It hasn't happened in a while so that is defiantly a plus! Thanks for the responses guys.