Kindle Fire Menu BUG

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Tech Support
When I publish my game and load the signed apk file onto my kindle fire it runs perfectly other than the known sound delay bug. Then I touch the little arrow thingy at the bottom of the screen to bring up the kindle menu that allows to go back to the home screen etc. This also causes the top menu bar to appear and it make the game screen shrink to make room for the top and bottom menu bars. So then I change the kindle's volume and close the menu to go back to playing my game. When I do this it causes my character to fall through platforms the next time I start to play. This happens every time (so far). I am going to try and figure out a work around, but I thought the GS Q&A team should be aware of this.

Thanks!

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Another Kindle Fire Bug/Issue:

I downloaded angry birds just see how it runs compared to my apps. One big difference is that the angry birds icon looks crystal clear in the top cover flow part of the home screen. My apps look like a 57x57 image that has been blown up to 256x256 so that it is super pixelated and blurry. Will this change after it has gone through the amazon app store process? I hope so.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I know when I submitted to Amazon it asked for a 512x512 and a 114x114 image. Hopefully it will use on of those but man I hope the icons don't look like crap on the fire. Seems like maybe GS should have submitted for a pre-releace device or something. I bet Rovio Got a heads up on how it was all gonna work ahead of time. :)