0.9.85 broke many things in my game :(

CatGoneCrazyCatGoneCrazy Member, PRO Posts: 90
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi everyone :) As you may have seen in the 'Announce Your Game' section, Squeak's Dreams is almost finished! However, having already published my version 1.00 to my desktop, I discovered a small animation bug (unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but worth fixing).

However, after upgrading to the new build, many things are wrong. For starters, the title screen logo starts off upside-down, before interpolating through zero and up to what it should look like. Then, the title screen of the first level is frozen for a second (having already loaded), before playing out. Then, my main character seems to lack animation frames for a few seconds in the first proper scene.

Then there are bigger issues like a background that moves slowly downwards for a set time moving too far, leaving a black strip of nothing at the top of the screen. Worse still, it ONLY happens on the iPhone I'm testing the GS-published app on - it's fine in the preview viewer on my Mac.

The assets with frozen animation all have preloading checked. Anyone else having these issues? Is there any point trying to work around them, or will another GS build fix it all again?

At this rate, I'm going to have to ship my original ver 1.00 that was made with the previous version of GS... but I've no idea what I'll do if I need to release an update later.

Comments

• CatGoneCrazyCatGoneCrazy Member, PRO Posts: 90
    Oops - apologies, I did honestly look around the forum for another thread on this. Now I've just found it - glad I'm not alone. Trying to reinstall .82 now. Sorry everyone - as you were!