GameSalad 0.9.85: Android Publishing

13»

Comments

• RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    Photics said:
    It's like the certificates with iOS publishing... but it's actually easier to make.

Photics must make an android certificate for each game that rises to the android store? or a certificate forever
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    This is so appreciated. You folks are incredible.
  • games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185
    Is anyone else having a problem with the gs android viewer. I am using wifi to get it on my phone however it stops loading about midway through and I keep retrying and get the same problem.
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    Sounds Awesome!

-Thomas
    PS: I'm glad Gamesalad hired SaladStraightShooter; it really is a full time job to manage the Forums +)
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    So I open Gamesalad to start working on my game and bam! a new update that includes Android publishing. Wow wasn't expecting this at all right now. Nice surprise!

Well I guess I'll be buying a Fire or some other Android device soon. Excited that I have a reason to get one. Well back to work so I can try to make some money for that...

Thanks GameSalad, keep the awesomeness going. Cheers!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    RUPAS said:
    Photics must make an android certificate for each game that rises to the android store? or a certificate forever

If I remember correctly, I set the expiration date to a ridiculously far date in the future. I think it might have been 13337 days. So, I've only been using the one certificate.
    Admiral Piett:
    It's an older code, sir, but it checks out. I was about to clear them.

So, I've successfully published Arch Fiery as an Android App. The signed and unsigned .apk files are sitting on my desktop. (I'm especially happy that I didn't need to use Eclipse. I used a neat trick instead.) Yet, I don't have an Android device to actually test this app. (I doubt my old G1 is going to work.) That means I have two choices... go buy an Android device for testing... release the app for free and let the world be my beta testers. HA HA.

I also think this means that The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook should also be available in PDF and/or ePub. The 0.9.85 update of GameSalad will likely create a new interest in the software... and a higher demand for educational material.

Also, it seems obvious that GameSalad should simplify this process. Maybe GameSalad should be able to generate keystore files.
  • AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Member Posts: 201
    Yodapollo said:
    As mentioned earlier, Android publishing is being introduced as a Professional feature. Setting up the development environment, and managing multiple forms of app packages, both signed and unsigned, as well as the multitude of app stores make for a very complex and sometimes overwhelming market. We believe Professional GameSalad members have an incredible opportunity to establish themselves on the Android marketplace, and will be a perfect group to break ground for the GameSalad community.

Does this mean that Android publishing will be available for free users as soon as GameSalad Pro users feel comfortable with Android Publishing, their are alot of high quality GameSalad games on the Android Market, and/or the prosses becomes easier?
    Anyone that has published a game for android yet get this same issue. It shows its available to 0 devices my app. Anyone know why? Thanks

This application is only available to devices with these features, as defined in your application manifest.
    Screen layouts: SMALL NORMAL LARGE XLARGE
    Required device features
    android.hardware.accelerometer
    android.hardware.touchscreen
    android.hardware.screen.portrait
    This application is available to over 0 devices.
  • gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67
    Games4fun, i got the same message.
    I am able to view my app when I search it on the computer at the android market however it wont show on my phone. I bet that has to do with the available on 0 devices. Is this a bug?
  • mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    Ok Now I understand a bit more Can anyone confirm this

1. new 0.9.85 need keystore for each game and have to remember password for all so next update version of game will be use same keystore and if you make more than one game need to create another keystore

2. for android market - If you r not in list that can apply to google checkout you cannot sell paid in android market but can publish free one ( sadly my country not include now :(
    )
    3. for amazon if you need to publish for non us - you have to sign w8en and send to them with copy of passport ( if not do this will change 30% revenue tax )

and after apply if you want to sell on phone you need gs project file from iphone to publish

FOR TABLET ( Which i understand include kindle) need ipad gs project

payment sell 1 US amazon got 30% and we got (70% - tax )

4. For nook color It allow only US who have US bank account and tax ID ---> can gamesalad help to negotiate this I heard that they contact momswithapp.com find new developer for nook color
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Will android publishing work for nearly every android, or.... not, as i don't know if i want to buy a nook, i already have a chinese iPed and galaxy tab
    Anyone try publishing a android app within the last hour or so. I keep getting a error stating the apk is not valid and its going to try and trouble shoot the problem. All it creates is the unsigned apk and never gives the signed one.
    @games4fun I think you forgot to add keystore that why you didnot get signed apk please check 2 or 3 page.. it said about version on the top you have to click that button to add keystore
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    AcceleratedGames said:
    Does this mean that Android publishing will be available for free users as soon as GameSalad Pro users feel comfortable with Android Publishing, their are alot of high quality GameSalad games on the Android Market, and/or the prosses becomes easier?

I would think that android publishing Adds a much needed value to the Pro License. I would not count on it going free anytime in the near/distant future.
    I added the keystore when i did it and it didn't work. I published a app a day ago the same way i did today and it worked yesterday. So im pretty sure something is wrong with gamesalads publishing.
    @games4fun It happen with me today too .. I just publish android yesterday no problem now cannot they said server error
    Yea somethings wrong with the publishing. As far as your app yesterday is is available on any devices?
  • Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194
    My game which runs smooth on a 3gs runs pretty terribly on a droid x. Some of the buttons only work sometimes, some of the graphics appear as white boxes and everything lags, bad. This is in the viewer, hopefully a published version will run better...?
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    I have to express my thanks for having the kindle fire and the nook on the list.

Thanks a lot Game salad team!
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    anyone else getting this on android store?

This application is only available to devices with these features, as defined in your application manifest.
    Screen layouts: SMALL NORMAL LARGE XLARGE
    Required device features
    android.hardware.accelerometer
    android.hardware.screen.portrait
    android.hardware.touchscreen
    This application is available to over 0 devices.
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    If GS is looking for monetizing options for Android I highly highly recommend they use Mobfox. With Mobfox they could built it into GS once and it would work for both Android and iPhone. Not to mention Mobfox does pay really well and you have the option to use Backfill which lets you hook up other ad companies like adMob into your Mobfox ads so that when they don't have any ads it will call to your adMob account that way you are constantly making money.