I can't publish since yesterday

xarupxarup Member Posts: 10
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi, how are you?

I just buy the professional version of GS, please keep the good work up!
Now the biggest problem: Since yesterday I'm trying of publishing my game, i got a versionated game (40 versions with little changes in the code) and each time try to publish to try in my iPod but sometimes i got the message "The file couldn't be opened because it isn't in the correct format". Im pretty sure some versions works 100% and can publish yesterday but this morning when i try to publish that versions i got this message again.

Please let me know if GS got problems with the servers of publishing or something because this is a big problem to me.

Thanks

Comments

• mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Publishing is fine, I've made about 15-20 Ad-Hoc builds today.

Are you publishing to ad-hoc or app store?

Where is it going wrong? Do you get the fireworks?

Ace
  • xarupxarup Member Posts: 10
    Im trying to publishing to Ad-hoc, i don't get the screen with the fireworks, when is "signing the app" a pop up appears with the problem. Very strange because the same files works yesterday and i don't modify or make nothing after that in those files. I check the connection and works perfect too, maybe is something with the Mac where i make the game. Is a Mac Air, i5 with 4gbs, a sdd with Lion.

I copy the same files and test it in my macbook pro but i get the same error.
    Now I'm receiving an error when i enter or quit gamesalad saying that GameSalad was crashing (but not!).
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    I'm using my Macbook Air with Lion, so that's not the problem. What error message are you receiving? I don't think you can use two different Macs for publishing under the same license, I had problems switching from my iMac to Macbook Air, but now do all my publishing on my Air. You will need to start from scratch by revoking your certificate in Provisioning Portal and reinstalling all your certificates.

Ace
    When i put publish a pop up appears saying:

1) Uploading Game Project...
    2) Upload complete, receiving app...
    3) Signing app package...

And after that appears another pop up with this error:

"The file couldn't be opened because it isn't in the correct format."
    "The file might be corrupted, truncated, or in an unexpected format."
  • AnunnakiCreatorsAnunnakiCreators Member Posts: 54
    Having the same problem, tried reinstalling, but it did not fix the problem.
  • matthornbmatthornb Member Posts: 38
    Same problem here. None of the suggestions on this forum have fixed the issue.

Gendai Games needs to fix this bug.
  • fstltnafstltna Member Posts: 96
    I just started to get this issue myself. I tried removing the music files, making sure the png files were rgb and not greyscale. Som of th png files have a color profile and some don't.. Nothing I try helps. Please help!
  • fstltnafstltna Member Posts: 96
    I deleted the scene screenshots from the app folder, could this be the cause? I did it because my app ballooned to 125mb instead of the 58mb it is now. Any ideas?
  • narFsnwnarFsnw Member Posts: 9
    I have the same problem. I get this error message:
    http://tinyurl.com/ckyjygl

I'm trying to publish as a Macintosh app, but not on the Mac App Store. I have a pro licence.
  • husherhusher Member, PRO Posts: 31
    The same issue over here, please help! I've been working on my game for so long!
    Thanks!
    The file couldn’t be opened because it isn’t in the correct format.
  • FaisalGamesFaisalGames Member Posts: 3
    i get
    (1 Uploading game project....
    (2 Upload complete, receiving app...
    Error: the gamesalad publishing server is experiencing problems, please try later.
    Help please!!!!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    This has happened to me a while back - all I needed to do was restart my Mac.
  • rnyacoubrnyacoub Member Posts: 132
    @xarup I have suffered from your problem for 2 days then i sort it out and here is my experience:

im using dropbox to get latest art from my artisit, for some reason it happend when downloaded the latest art to my GS project. maybe it happens because some error in syn. but then i removed them from the project every thing is ok. i asked my artist to remove them from drop box and upload them again. then every thing is ok
    hope it helps
    For your help; the solution was very easy but got me crazy for one month aprox, enter to the file with right click "Show Package Contents" and delete the file "username.gsuser" where you need to change the username for your username for your mac.