Update on MarketPlace 10/31/2011

MChewieMChewie Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 32
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
I wanted to let everyone know that we've started in on the new policies and procedures today for Marketplace and that we've made some good progress. Since there's been a lot of chatter on what hasn't happened up until now, I thought I'd let you know exactly what is happening.

Later today: We will be posting some new asset templates from the community that have been curated through our submission process. They braved a lot to get to the storefront, so be sure you check the Marketplace site regularly to see what's new.

Tomorrow: This is actually a day later than we had planned, but we've got some folks out sick today and wanted to do it right. We'll be going through the entire backlog of applications to be part of Marketplace and getting approval letters sent out Tuesday/Wednesday.

Very Soon(tm): We'll be posting a template and art pack from a Game Team One project the day it goes live on the App Store (it's in review now). It's a chance to see the work that went into a partnership title and take the assets to make your own, better(?) game from it. Expect an announcement as soon as it goes live. Oh, and did I mention that this template and associated art pack will be free?

More news soon--we're going to be bringing some great stuff to the store and this is just the beginning.

Thanks again for the comments-it is helping us shape Marketplace into what you want and need it to be.

-MChewie

Comments

• JadarStudiosJadarStudios Member Posts: 264
    Sweet, can't wait to see the great stuff. Is there a new forum coming?

-Jake
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    JadarStudios said:
    Is there a new forum coming?

I was wondering the same thing. Any update on the new forums?

- Alex
    osucowboy18 said:
    I was wondering the same thing. Any update on the new forums?

Actually on this topic, Yodapollo said this:

"Don't panic! We're not flipping the switch tomorrow or anything. We've been in the process of integrating new forum software, which should roll out in the next 1-2 weeks. When the new forums go live, the marketplace forum will be removed. We will definitely give 24-48 hours notice before the change happens, but those doing business in the forum may want to start making arrangements to wrap up transactions before this migration takes place."
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Thanks for the clarification SaladStraightShooter!

- Alex
    Thanks so much! I seriously can't wait! =D=D=D
  • HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    Sorry if the title looked like spam. I emailed the gs email for submissions about 5 days ago to sell my art packs and templates but they haven't responded, any other way to contact them or should I email them again in case they missed it? Also, do I have to email them each item I want to sell, or just a couple to approve me and then I can do it myself?

Also I appreciate that they moved my service thread over to the jobs forum :)
  • keweworkshopkeweworkshop Member Posts: 377
    JadarStudios said:
    Thanks so much! I seriously can't wait! =D=D=D

Me too! I wonder what shiny new things we'll have?!
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    I am very happy as i received a reply to my entry, it was accepted :)
    I will be sending away the document to confirm tomorrow.
  • MChewieMChewie Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 32
    Sorry for the break in updates, but I've been out with Programmer Plague. But work has gone on! We went through the entire backlog of submissions and I'm so glad that letters went out, and even more glad that we've got back confirmations from some of you. There are some fantastic assets on their way!

We'll be sending out the final step from the database for those that have already responded to us tomorrow. We have to activate a flag on your account, and once that's done, we send out the final information for submitting and it's time to hurry in those assets!

More soon! Thanks for your support!

-MChewie
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Great, thanks for the update. It will be interesting to upload and learn the submission process.

Cant wait
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Great communication Mark, thanks for the info.

I have several new templates i will be getting ready for you today.

Can't wait for you guys to really get behind and push the official marketplace.

Darren.

DeepBlueApps over 10 million hits and home of:
    GS Tools
    Templates
    Video Tutorials
    Forum
    3rd party marketplace
  • rePlayrePlay Member Posts: 23
    Just a personal opinion but from my point of view the Market Place forum should have been deleted AFTER your team uploaded the backlog of templates from sellers.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    have'nt received any email...? (neither good or bad)

I submitted 4 days after the submissions email address was announced and did a chase up email.

Any idea if I should just hold tight and wait? or resubmit... I sent it from sales@stormystudio.com

Thanks

Jon
    Thanks SSS much appreciated...
  • ARandomDayARandomDay Member, PRO Posts: 124
    Hey SSS - while you are at it, although having had the confirmation emails that I have been accepted onto the new market place as a seller weeks ago, and then a follow up email a week later on where and how to fill out Tax info through my profile settings page, I still have no link or email.

I have many graphics packs awaiting upload - hopefully this can get resolved before the big push happens.

Thanking you in advance!

ARD
    No link appears there now, nadda zilch, zippo....what we need are sharks...sharks with frigging lasers on their head!
  • MChewieMChewie Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 32
    I've let the team know-since we're sending out tax info to new contributors, we'll do a hard press to find out why you can't get in.

Sorry for the problems-we'll fix it!

-MChewie
    See I knew you guys were cool!

Your all secret sharks with lasers!

Cheers fellas.
    Thanks SSS and Mark.

I now have my approved email. Looking forward to all sorts of confusing forms to fill out.

Thanks again Jon
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I sent an email to the contributors email, a week ago but i never got an email back?? Is there a new contributed email??
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Hm, sorry if this is a stupid question, but, what does collection mean on the submission form ?
    And is path the URL to the file ?
    JamieOneil said:
    Hm, sorry if this is a stupid question, but, what does collection mean on the submission form ?
    And is path the URL to the file ?

Where do you get a submission form?? I want to submit stuff to the marketplace??
    SaladStraightShooter said:
    All the information you need is located here:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=32199

Thanks!! Im really grateful, about you being on the forums so much SSS, THanks for your time, I also sent you a pm about a problem I'm having, Just hoping you could sort it ;)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Jack
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    I've been away too long. Didn't realize there was a market place to begin with.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    MChewie said:

Very Soon(tm): We'll be posting a template and art pack from a Game Team One project the day it goes live on the App Store (it's in review now). It's a chance to see the work that went into a partnership title and take the assets to make your own, better(?) game from it. Expect an announcement as soon as it goes live. Oh, and did I mention that this template and associated art pack will be free?

-MChewie

Was wondering if this had happened yet ? I know its been busy... just curious :)
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    edited December 2011
    MChewie said:

-MChewie

Any news?