GS Viewer problem

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello,
I have problem with new GS Viewer - I can't install it. I'm using Lion, and Xcode 4.2 (4D199). I followed video by tshirtbooth. I have all certificates and profiles.
After clicking Run, I have "Build Succeeded", but there is no viewer on my device.
After that, I have a bunch of issues informations:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7726/zrzutekranu20111031o160.png
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7726/zrzutekranu20111031o160.png

Can anyone please help me?

Comments

• gmedina.172gmedina.172 Member Posts: 94
    did u try to download again, open the xcode, and build gamesalad viewer? maybe u didnt register your ipod or upload the provisioning file in the xcode organizer
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    If I try to install the old version of Viewer, I have the same erros.
    gmedina.172 said:
    did u try to download again, open the xcode, and build gamesalad viewer? maybe u didnt register your ipod or upload the provisioning file in the xcode organizer

Everything is done. I managed to install older versions of Viewer, but after I'm on Lion, and new Xcode i Have this error.
  • gmedina.172gmedina.172 Member Posts: 94
    Im sorry i dont know then what is the problem :S
    I have no idea if this could be a problem, but I have iPhone 3G with 4.2.1 iOS, and in Xcode Viewer file I have iOS 5.2 under Base SDK, and I can't change it to lower iOS.

Every build is sucessful, but I can't see Viewer on my device.
    I tried to Build Viewer on iPad with iOS 5.0 - now it's fine.

The questions is - how to install Viewer on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1?
    Hello,
    I managed to install GS Viewer on iPhone 3Gs with iOS 5.0, but everytime I tried to run my game - it's crashing. Literally - everytime.
    First scene of my game is empty, there are no actors, instances or images. So I think that's impossible to crash the Viewer.
    Does anyone know what can be the cause of this?
    Bump
    iPad 1 with iOS 5.0 is crashing as well. I have no idea why.
    When I try to run a template or empty project - it's the same.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    I'm sure you have probably tried it (and your devices are new installs) but kill all background apps and reboot.
    Restarting device and turning off other apps didn't make any change - it's still crashing.
  • cannixcannix Member Posts: 36
    You can try:
    1. Build Settings -> Architectures
    2. Click Standard (armv7), and then point "Other ...",
    3. delete the original content,
    4. in a two-line input "armv6" and "armv7"
  • AnunnakiCreatorsAnunnakiCreators Member Posts: 54
    I had the same error that said you needed to update project settings and ignored it.

What is the targeted deployment version? (found in the target summery)
    Try running a clean, then run. (Shift+Command+K)

What is the Output window saying? Generally this also will point you in the right direction.
    I managed to install it, but now the biggest problem is, that the GS Viewer is crashing. I wrote about it.
    Anything new about crashing issue?
  • markfrancombemarkfrancombe Member Posts: 8
    OMG!! After DAYS of getting Game Salad Viewer to work on machine... I fired up GS today, only to get an update to the program.. SHIIIITTT Why did I hit update...??? Now it says that I have to update GS Viewer... I WILL NEVER remember how I did that!!!

Please GS, you have an amazing product here, but isnt there a better way to install the viewer?

Or at least, put an OFFICIAL updated tutorial on the SITE. Not just a YouTube Link in a forum thread, to an out dated video... and dont ASSUME we know what we´re doing... SO dont say things like...

"most of you have got your... blah blah blha... " Most maybe... so... what about the rest?

Give up on these YouTube tutorials, and please please gimme something to REFER TO.. the steps involved, with screen shots... I dont want to have to skip through a YOUTUBE vid and miss the important bit everytime...

For example... Ive managed to do this once already, so do I HAVE to go to the Apple Dev site again? or can I copy something over from the old XCode project?

Now I have to wait for a spare weekend before I can sit long enough to fix this issue... instead of being able to pop into GS for an hour in the evening and work on my game...
    Yay, GS team helped me with crashing! :)
    You have to Clean the project in Xcode before build :)

Thank you GS Team! :)
  • JillSaladJillSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 43
    Markfrankcombe: Go to http://gamesalad.com/download/getViewer for the Viewer update!
  • markfrancombemarkfrancombe Member Posts: 8
    OK Thanks Jill, now I have it.

Now what... ? I ran it.. opened in Xcode... build failed..
    I followed THIS Tutorial... Build failed

:(

Please Help?