Email to the Devs?

throwawaythrowaway Member Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm not looking for tech support. I'm rather livid about some of GameSalad's practices this past week and want to get in touch with someone who can actually do something about it.

When you send me an email, I need to be able to reply. When you have a privacy policy, you have to provide an email address to contact.

Respond here with a direct email, or in the thread by stating who you are and how you can help. I'm tired of getting your SPAM in my inbox and I want answers to why you think your current practices are acceptable. I would have reached out in other ways, but this is all you have given me, so lets do it here, publicly and openly since that is what you seem to want.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Um What spam have you received from GameSalad. I think I have received 3 unsolicited survey emails in the last year. There have been a few problem users over the year that email people claiming to be someone they are not. are you sure you are even getting emails from GameSalad?

And maybe you should take a look at the privacy policy.
    --
    "You may notify us that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding services that you may wish to purchase in the future by opting out through a reply e-mail to the targeted advertising message or sending us an e-mail at the following address: `unsubscribe-gs@gamesalad.com` at any time."
    --

That email address is listed twice in the privacy policy
  • throwawaythrowaway Member Posts: 2
    Their "anonymous" survey emails are NOT anonymous, and ask things like your salary. If they want to improve GameSalad, they need to ask questions about the product, not ME. I don't appreciate having them email me a survey that asks such deep personal info, and then when I decide to abandon it for privacy reasons, have them email me a SECOND time to point out I haven;t filled out the survey fully yet. That means they are tracking me through their anonymous survey.

As to the email in the privacy policy, that is for unsubscribing. Its not a monitored email to address privacy concerns, which it should be if you want your privacy policy to stand as a legal contract.

I was already wary of these devs after I spent a ton of time developing my game on the platform only for them to suddenly force the GameSalad splash screen onto my work.

The underhanded tracking policies on a survey asking for my personal info is really upsetting, and now I am livid at what they are trying to pull. Further, I am angry there is no way for a customer to contact the company in a friendly manner, particularly through an email address.

So now here I am, waiting for a dev to step up and defend what they are up to.
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Well they have a Contact Form here , http://gamesalad.com/feedback

I game you the email address from the privacy policy.

And the salary was not a required thing on the survey. Most likely the survey software emailed you because you entered your email address in the survey or the survey link was tied to your email. its quit customary for something like that to send you a reminder after you started it and then didn't finish. They are just checking to make sure you didn't have a problem. I think you are reading way more into the situation.
    throwaway said:

As to the email in the privacy policy, that is for unsubscribing. Its not a monitored email to address privacy concerns, which it should be if you want your privacy policy to stand as a legal contract.

--
    "Reviewing/ Correcting/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
    GameSalad provides you with the ability to review and correct any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us through the Site and to delete your user profile by contacting GameSalad at the following e-mail address unsubscribe-gs@gamesalad.com."
    --

Sound like its monitored to me.
    throwaway said:

I was already wary of these devs after I spent a ton of time developing my game on the platform only for them to suddenly force the GameSalad splash screen onto my work.

Suddenly? its no secret. http://gamesalad.com/membership/pricing Clearly States to have a Custom Splash screen you need a pro account. They have let you build a game using the software free of charge. I think complaining about the splash screen is quite disrespectful to be honest.

And really why can you not just make your complaints using your normal GameSalad.com account? You made a new account just to complain. it makes no sense. people will never take a complaint seriously if the person making the complaint is afraid to stand behind it.

Im not trying to pick a fight here just laying some honest view, opinions, observations, and different ways of thinking that are in no way that of the GS staff. I think they actually cringe sometimes when they see I have left a comment. ;)
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Yeah, they have an automated system that will contact you if you start to fill out the survey, and don't complete it. There's not someone sitting behind a desk waiting for you to come online so they can start throwing spam your way, or looking to see wether or not you filled out the survey completely or not.

The splash screen is something you agree to when you sign up to use the software. A Pro account lets you remove that splash screen, as already mentioned. If you've ever seen the episode of South Park called "Human CentiPad" you'll know that you should always read the agreement you are signing up for. And sorry that this experience is upsetting you so much.

They have no idea who you are, and these practices have been used by companies on the internet since the day the internet went public. They aren't tracking you, and they aren't stalking you.

I understand about being upset about them not contacting you through customer service, and they should have gotten back to you within 24 hours of your submission, absolutely. But I assure you, they are not out to get you, or track your every move.
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    Hey @throwaway,

We apologize for the unpleasant experience you are having. We would like to remind you that the survey is 100% voluntary, as are the majority of its questions. If any part of the survey makes you uncomfortable or disinclined to answer, please feel free to opt out of that answer.

The reminder email that you received was an automated email that was sent to all survey participants who had not completed the survey within the first 3 days. It was a simple reminder that you are welcome to disregard if you do not wish to complete the survey.

If you wish to unsubscribe from future communication, please see our unsubscribe policy:

"You may notify us that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding services that you may wish to purchase in the future by opting out through a reply e-mail to the targeted advertising message or sending us an e-mail at the following address: unsubscribe-gs@gamesalad.com at any time."

Or feel free to email our customer support department directly via our contact form and they would be happy to remove your email from future communications. You can locate the contact form here: http://gamesalad.com/feedback

Again, we apologize for any potential confusion or unpleasant experience that may have occurred.

Best wishes,
    Lauren
    Community Manager