Need help with parenting one object to another!

kennedyzakkennedyzak Member Posts: 5
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So I have 2 actors, a 180x180 square and a 32x32 circle. I need the circle to connect to a corner on the square AND allow the square to ROTATE with the circle staying connected to that square. I have been able to get the circle to goto the correct location on the square but once the square rotates the circle remains at the same position away from the squares origin. Having this work is Essential to my game and I wold be so glad if someone could help me resolve this issue I am having.

~Kennedyzak

Comments

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,880
    This question (and its variants) appears fairly often. Here is the best thread I've seen on this:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=20867
  • kennedyzakkennedyzak Member Posts: 5
    Is there no way to assign a actor to a specific point on another actor? That is really all I need, but if I end up needing to I will try and rig something like what was on that thread together.
    No, I don't think there is a automatic way to assign an actor to a specific point on another actor. (At least not yet.) What you are describing sounds like a revolute joint in Box2D (the physics engine underlying GameSalad). The good folks at GameSalad have not yet incorporated the Box2D joint system. But I believe that joints are on the road-map.
  • kennedyzakkennedyzak Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your help. I guess I can throw together a working setup and if that does get added I can just update it to the new system.
    kennedyzak said: I guess I can throw together a working setup and if that does get added I can just update it to the new system.

That's the spirit! Go forth and conquer!