Sound Bug 9.8

KrogothicKrogothic Member, PRO Posts: 123
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Anyone seen any fixes for the sound bug, my game after the "Game over ", or game reset the sounds die. a restart fixes but very frustrating

Comments

• KrogothicKrogothic Member, PRO Posts: 123
    This seems to be triggered in the ADHOC version after the game reset has been triggered the sounds are disable.

Re-launching the game fixes, it till the game reset it triggered again.

Does not happen in viewer or creator.
  • azimpactazimpact Member Posts: 112
    Krogothic said:
    This seems to be triggered in the ADHOC version after the game reset has been triggered the sounds are disable.

Re-launching the game fixes, it till the game reset it triggered again.

Does not happen in viewer or creator.

This has been reported by many people myself included.

The only way around it is to make everything on a single scene and use pause and unpause to move between scenes. Obviously, that approach will not work for every game but I was able to make it work for mine since I had less than 10 scenes.

As a result, the sound now works and I have instant game restarts when you die.

Gamesalad is aware of the bug.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    It sounds like something that has always happened when you use ResetScene or Reset Game behaviors. You need to use change scene in place of the reset scene behavior and just change to the same scene. Otherwise there is another sound bug you can check out in the main 0.9.8 thread. The issue lies in the .ogg file format I believe.
    tenrdrmer said:
    It sounds like something that has always happened when you use ResetScene or Reset Game behaviors. You need to use change scene in place of the reset scene behavior and just change to the same scene. Otherwise there is another sound bug you can check out in the main 0.9.8 thread. The issue lies in the .ogg file format I believe.

Resetting or reset game was not an issue with sound prior to the last update and isn't something that has always happened. The ogg file is another issue unto itself.

Remaking the ogg files did not fix my issue. The only thing that did was making everything run on one scene which I did not have to do prior to .9.8

My first game can not be updated until they fix that issue because it relies heavily on scene changes and there is no work around for it unless I totally rework a game that took six months to make. Luckily, I don't need to do an update for it yet.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Actually yes. I have use GameSalad for over a year now and the ResetScene Behavior has always Killed the music that was playing. when that behavior is triggered.

Im not saying this is for sure the issue in this thread. But these are things you can try. You also NEED to send your project to bugs@gamesalad.com so they can look and see whats up. Be sure to describe your issue. They cannot begin to attempt a fix if they cannot reproduce the problem.
    tenrdrmer said:
    Actually yes. I have use GameSalad for over a year now and the ResetScene Behavior has always Killed the music that was playing. when that behavior is triggered.

Im not saying this is for sure the issue in this thread. But these are things you can try. You also NEED to send your project to bugs@gamesalad.com so they can look and see whats up. Be sure to describe your issue. They cannot begin to attempt a fix if they cannot reproduce the problem.

We're talking about two different things. My problem was not with the music. It was with sounds like explosions and powers ups. Oddly enough, the music worked fine...LOL
  • KrogothicKrogothic Member, PRO Posts: 123
    Thanks Guys, No issues with music. I found a simple work around for the reset issue.
    The start scene or main menu I added a line that changes sounds to zero and another that resets it to 10.

Seems to be working again now. a little aggravation but its working now.

Thanks for the help

Krogothic