moving block for platformer

UnboundUnbound Member Posts: 8
edited November -1 in Tech Support
im trying to make a moving block that would go from left to right back and forth but i have scene gravity on for my actor to be able to jump and come back down so my black just gous down. so what i need to know is how to make a side ways moving black that my actor can jump onto and move to the other side of the gap. if someone could help me asap that would be awesome!

Thank you.

Comments

• 007leokart007leokart Member Posts: 38
    I didnt really understood youre problem but i think youre saying about does platforms like doodle jump, so a way of doing it is you to make a wall that the platform bounce when colliding with wall and put the platform to move for 2 seconds in direction to the wall or less depends on the time it takes to get to the wall and so it keeps bouncing left to right, sorry if you don't understand what i just wrote im in a hurry so im writing fast and anyway sorry!
  • UnboundUnbound Member Posts: 8
    i just want to make a block that move left to right point A to point B that my main guy can jump onto and move to the other side.

i found out a way to make it work but it falls down from my scene gravity witch is 1000 so that my main guy can jump and come back down to earth.
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    @Unbound

You ought to check out the Gamesalad Cookbook on Youtube, as well as gshelper.com for tips relevant to your game.

But for now, here is a simple fix.

1) Turn scene gravity OFF
    2) Go into your "main guy" and put an accelerate behavior at the top. Tell it to accelerate down (270 degrees) at 1000. This creates gravity for just this character, so nothing else is affect by it (unless you give them the same behavior).

This should give you both the gravity you want and the moving blocks will no longer fall. Good luck!
    oh ok cool beanz that worked but now i cant make that block move one second to the right then 1 second to the left over and over im still trying to figure out these timers. if im even suppose to be using timers.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Unbound said:
    oh ok cool beanz that worked but now i cant make that block move one second to the right then 1 second to the left over and over im still trying to figure out these timers. if im even suppose to be using timers.

dont use timers.

sweeeeeet thank you!!

now how do i make it not fall when my person lands on it from a jump or walking onto it?
    i made the density of it 1000 so i can walk on it now but it still starts to very slowly fall down
  • domeniusdomenius Member Posts: 108
    You can record the platforms starting position on the axis you require it to not move on, and then constrain its position on that axis to your starting position. Id recommend not doing this every frame (constrains are slow), but you could easily limit it to only trigger when a player is standing on the block or to update every few seconds with a timer. All depends what you need.