Wall

007leokart007leokart Member Posts: 38
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So hey everyone im here... again, and im making a wall, and i already puted resistution 0 for everything and i made when collide with actor of type wall bounce but resistution 0 so it doesnt move but then the wall moves but the character stays in the same place!

Comments

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Did you check the 'move' option to off (in left side bar of the actor somewhere) so it will not move?
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    The wall moves?

May you post the attributes in the physics section? Thanks

Calvin
  • 007leokart007leokart Member Posts: 38
    SingleSparq

But like if i uncheck movable it wont move down, my project is the wall moving down like a wall but it doesnt work!

Calvin9403

Sure the walls phsics are these:
    Density 1
    Friction 3
    Restitution 0
    Fixed Rotation True
    Movable True
    Collision Shape Rectangle
    Drag 0
    Angular Drag 0
    Sorry for the double post again but like i made already the wall i found a way but now the actor (boat) doesnt stop bouncing now thats the problem!
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Don't know about the boat thing but you can make a wall move even with the moveable turned off by using interpolate instead of move attribute. Just choose the actor self.positionx and to whatever position you want it to go to, doe whatevertime amount(duration) in the interpolate Attribute placed in the actor.

If the boat item hits the actor and starts bouncing, why not set up a rule that says if collide with wall set move to 0 or something like that.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    And also where is your collide rule?

Is it in the wall or in the actor?

And yes use interpolate to move things, it is always a great behavior
    Thanks i finally resolved my problem i puted another wall on top but invisible that couldn't move so now everything is working perfectly all problems fixed... except 1,

now my problem is that im making everything in one scene and first appears a test logo then the main menu but what i wanted to do is to change the camera origin but not suddenly but yes with an animation like sliding or something like that can anyone help?