New Build - code no longer does what expected

EwokPDEwokPD Member, PRO Posts: 35
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have just downloaded the new build and tested my current project and had some strange behaviours that should not be happening.

For example - i have an actor flying round that runs on an energy source - when energy attribute reaches zero - acceleration is locked to zero - however currently the ship can still fly

I have also locked out downward thrust based on angle from a joystick - this works fine initially in the scene then as time goes on this rule seems to break and the actor can be powered downward in the scene.

The acceleration speed is also locked to the joystick 'distance from centre' value which has a max value of 60 - after 20-30 seconds in the scene the actor accelerate round the scene like its on speed.... more like a value of 1000+ not 60.

A display text on the values i am using confirms all values are within expected parameters but behaviour is not.

I then decided to re-input the same numbers which had worked previous build. So i deleted the accelerate based on distance from centre and replaced it with accelerate based on distance from centre - the actor now flys as expected.

Re in putting the code also fixed the energy bug. And the do not fly down when joystick is down bug

Is this a bug in the build? I really would not have to write the whole thing again just to feel confident that things were working as they were before i downloaded the update

Comments

• EwokPDEwokPD Member, PRO Posts: 35
    Not wanting to recode everything to make sure it works, has this bug been looked at?

Or alternatively is the previous version of game salad available for download somewhere so i can roll back and continue working?

Thanks
  • EwokPDEwokPD Member, PRO Posts: 35
    Ok - so i found the old version of game salad in my trash... so production under way again... hurrah.

Incidentally all code works fine in old game salad still.

I have also prepared a scene available for anyone to test and can provide repro steps for debugging.

I have tracked the problem down to 1 or 2 self attributes on the player actor, when off the flight dynamics 'mostly' work... and when they are turned on the flight dynamic 'mostly' break normally after landing on a collision surface then taking off again. But it does not happen 100% of the time. Neither attribute have anything to do with the flight code at all so its all very peculiar.
  • chumsizechumsize Member Posts: 10
    So... I'm having a similar problem: In the app i'm working on, your adversary car has some logic to "hunt" you down. After the first wreck and respawn, though, the adversary began driving a bit like he'd sustained some major brain damage during the wreck (interesting but not intended).

Note that this is with the exact same app opened up and run without any changes to any settings.

@EwokPD are you saying that deleting and reentering/recoding those rules fixed the issue?
  • andikmandikm Member, PRO Posts: 26
    I am also having issues with behaviours since downloading the update

Some constraint attributes are just being ignored. I now have a level select page that continously scrolls forever when it used to snap to a level.

Not wanting to re-enter code, I rolled back to version 0.9.71 - works fine again.
  • David_GryphonsRealmDavid_GryphonsRealm Member Posts: 459
    post this in the sticky so they take a look at it !! also send support a email, Im just saying ...

:-)