iads not showing up in test build

pnolandpnoland Member Posts: 36
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I am in the process of creating a lite version of my game Phloat but I have run into a problem with iads with the latest beta build. When I test the game inside gamesalad itself the test advertisement shows up in game but when I built my game to test on my iPad they are not there on any of my scenes... I'm wondering if I am doing this wrong. I have a background image actor in my scenes that I put the show iad behavior on so I am thinking when ever the scene loads that actor should automatically call the iad behavior. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be fantastic, thanks!

-Patrick

Comments

• pnolandpnoland Member Posts: 36
    So is anybody else having a problem with iAds? I'm wondering if it is something I may be doing wrong or if its a bug in the latest version. :/ I hope I can get this working otherwise I'm regretting my decision to upgrade to the Pro license.
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I was working last night with iADS on a iPhone app I was updating. The iADS would should up within GameSalad and even when I was testing it directly on my iPhone (I made a FULL test version to run on my iPhone and didn't use the GSViewer). Although slow to load, sometimes had to wait for some time I did finally get the test message from Apple. So things should be working. Maybe just wait for a few minutes to see if the iADS pop up.

Also I haven't upgraded to the latest GameSalad .9.8 yet so I can't speak for the new version.

Not sure I helped any but it does sound like you are doing things correctly.

Greg
    I appreciate the reply. I've been testing and testing but still they don't seem to working as they should on my current project. I've submitted the game with the iad behaviors still there just in case the final app store version wants to work but at least the Lite version is still enjoyable and links to the paid version of Phloat. Hopefully when I get my iPhone 4S and start working on my iPhone project things will work out better for me. :P Thanks again!

-Patrick
    I wanted to pop back in here and say my issue has been resolved now that the game is live in the app store...iAds are showing up as they should. :)

Thanks!

-patrick
    www.pnolandgames.com