La Cucaracha Beta Testing Is Open For Next 20 Minutes!!!

RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hey Guys,
I'm sending out the first beta in twenty minutes, if you'd like to be a tester you can sign up here https://testflightapp.com/join/d03ee0b72c7a1d7a3653028b4d6f8d28-MTgzNTc/

(You're still welcome to join after 20 minutes, but the first beta is being sent out in 20!)

Thanks!
Matt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

• RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    @RKS I just sent it out, thanks for participating ;) I'm loving Corona. I intend to post about it in my blog if you have not seen (http://matthewredler.com) It is very similar to ActionScript.

It works extremely well. When there's a bug, they usually fix it within the next daily build.

Thanks Again!
    Matt
    Would you mind sending the info to matthewredler@gmail.com instead of posting here? Also, I'd be glad to test your Facebook app, just give me till tomorrow so I don't have to worry about this :)

Thanks!

In the pause menu, a menu button is definitely on it's way. I'll find a way to implement a tutorial ;)
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Wow, that name is not used yet?
    That might help in sales!!

Looks nice too.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    well NG I can't see the game on the device
  • hman360hman360 Member Posts: 590
    Hey NextGen, I joined, just waiting for you to send it to me :)
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    So is it made in GS?
  • codematescodemates Member Posts: 112
    The graphics looks great but how is this related to the "Working With Gamesalad" thread if it's done in Corona?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Isn't this the game that you were hired to build for someone and then you turned around and paid someone else to make it?

Also please show some respect for our forum. This certainly does not belong in "working with gamesalad"

Moving now.
    Hey Guys,
    The second beta will go out tonight after we fix some issues :) Also, please when giving feedback, use TestFlight.

Thank You!
    Matt
    Hey Matt where is the beta? I can' see anything
    @Calvin

You had to register within he 20 minutes above to receive the first beta. For all people who registered late, you will be receiving the beta 2.0 later tonight.
  • azimpactazimpact Member Posts: 112
    That's nice artwork!

I don't really want to be a beta tester, do you have some screen shots of the game play.

Did you program the game entirely by yourself in Corona, or did you have help from someone who was already familiar with Corona?
    Thanks man. I had loads of help from Hachiko!

Matt
    azimpact said:
    Did you program the game entirely by yourself in Corona, or did you have help from someone who was already familiar with Corona?

Well According to this http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=29366 It was made for a client and is not actually his app. Secondly. ****disclaimer**** this is completely here say**** I was told he actually took the clients money and then paid and artist for the art and a corona coder for the coding. and pocketed the rest.

To be honest I don't see how this thread is any different from the last one QS closed down.
    Thanks man. I had loads of help from Hachiko!

Matt
    @tenrdrmer what are you doing just jumping in to make me look bad? I hired Hachiko to tutor me while he was coding it, we developed it together.

I did hire an artist though, I can't draw straight lines for my life :D
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    tenrdrmer said:
    Well According to this http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=29366 It was made for a client and is not actually his app. Secondly. ****disclaimer**** this is completely here say**** I was told he actually took the clients money and then paid and artist for the art and a corona coder for the coding. and pocketed the rest.

To be honest I don't see how this thread is any different from the last one QS closed down.

To be fair, a lot of companies take on a client, outsource the work and make a profit from it in the mean time.

Yes this thread isn't much different to the one QS closed down but then neither is Joe's (FMG) but no-one would dare shut that down. Any tom, dick and harry i can understand but both Joe and Matt were GameSalad users so there should lie the exception.
    @beefy

Thanks man.

@Tenrdrmer, I was hired to take on La Cucaracha in GameSalad originally. When GameSalad could not handle all the animation (not being rude, Corona had a hard time handling it too for a while). At the same time, I was interested in learning Corona. So, I hired Cristian to build the project with me over Skype.

I don't really see anything wrong with that, but if you do, okay :D

The reason why I'm posting here is because I still have several friends here and I'd like to keep this community close to my games.
    beefy_clyro said:
    To be fair, a lot of companies take on a client, outsource the work and make a profit from it in the mean time.

Yes this thread isn't much different to the one QS closed down but then neither is Joe's (FMG) but no-one would dare shut that down. Any tom, dick and harry i can understand but both Joe and Matt were GameSalad users so there should lie the exception.

I would agree with you for the most part. Where I think its different is this is not his game. Joe comes here to keep us informed of His Games.

Sure Next Gen had a part in creating this game but he is simply providing free advertising for someone else's corona game. Im my book thats spam. I made no stink over his other Coming soon thread about a game he says is his. While I think Joe has earned a bit more leeway since his work with GS basically laid the groundwork for how most of us make our games. and He didn't Leave because GameSalad couldn't handle it. He left cause GameSalad came out with a ridiculously stupid idea.

And no nextgen i'm not trying to make you look bad. Im looking for the truth. Im so sick of kids coming on here and twisting and distorting their stories for one reason or another. If you feel that me cutting the BS and asking for the truth makes you look bad then maybe, just maybe, your embarrassed about the truth. and if you are embarrassed about it. maybe its cause you know its not right.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    beefy_clyro said:

I'd argue there's a WORLD of difference between Joe and Matt, to be honest.

Joe does not come here spouting stuff about 'rival' software, providing 'helpful' links to said software, nor insulting people here for using GS (as seen on Matt's website, apparently).

Additionally, Joe still has stuff published with GS - the recent Grisly Manor for the Chrome store is a good example, along with his other games ported to html5.

Joe also offers useful advice on the forums here, is still a sous chef, and is greatly respected.

There seems to be a little gaggle of users that want to make themselves feel better about their decision to move from GS by putting it down, or trying to steer others towards rival software.

I mean, this is made in Corona. Why is Matt not trying to get support from *their* forums? I've seen nothing on there about getting beta testers for this game. I may be wrong.

I have nothing against Corona per se - in fact, I pointed a friend towards Corona just the other day over GameSalad as he's an android developer.

But using the goodwill of the GS community for something unrelated to them just smells wrong to me.

So in short, Matt:

*Post in the correct section in future.

*Keep the GS bashing/Corona eulogising out of your posts.

*Keep your supercilious attitude in check please.

*Give credit where it's due. You did not do this all yourself, and it's not even your game at the end of the day (it's for a 'client').

Cheers,

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

No offense, apparently because your an adult I shoud respect you, but just because this game isn't going to be published under my account doesn't mean I can't share it with a community I spent nine months with?
    NextGen said:
    No offense, apparently because your an adult I shoud respect you, but just because this game isn't going to be published under my account doesn't mean I can't share it with a community I spent nine months with?

No, respect is earned.

A game that is not written using the software this community is about and has no relevance to them.

A community that you put down at every opportunity for using a piece of software you insist is 'limited' that you no longer use?

You are on thin ice here as it is, in my opinion. I suggest you read the points I made again.

Cheers,

QS

You missed my point though QS ... A thread about a game that isn't made with GS on these forums is the same. I am not even beginning to compare Joe to Matt. All of your additional points were absolutely spot on and i completely agree with them, however, a precedent needs to be set and stuck to;

A. Nothing other than GS games on these forums.
    B. You can post if you are/have been a GS user and it is a game by yourself for yourself.
    C. All games can be mentioned.
    D. Same as B but doesn't have to be a game for yourself.

Rules need to be set and matched accordingly, they can't be different for different people or we will forever have these threads and debates.

Again, this is no dig at Joe, man i wish he was still over here more, he was one of the best and most useful, clever blokes i came across! Oh and i hope he keeps posting about his game, it is looking amazing and i like following it.

Matt, the main thing which irks people is the GS bashing and Corona praising, that needs to be completely eradicated. Take a leaf from Joe, i never see him complain about GS and i never see him mention Corona.
    I have also never seen a game by you but i would bet a pretty penny it won't be half as good as some of the games produced from GS devs so the whole limitations thing you keep mentioning is even more annoying.
    @beefy - I am prone to missing the point! :D

I guess the way I look at it is this:

We delete threads by people just 'advertising' games not made with GS. The place for stuff like that is the Touch Arcade forums. These get deleted straight away.

This includes stuff made in Corona.

The reason we let *some* slide and be included (including Joe's) is that they are still active members of this community. As I mentioned, Joe comes on and helps out, gives advice, and is generally respected by most people here.

Matt has said he's leaving the community. And as I mentioned in my first post about this, he needs to lose the GS bashing/Corona eulogising from his posts.

And Matt - you seem hung up on this age thing. Truth is, nobody cares. The secret to getting a good online presence is this:

Consistently produce good, original work. Don't be a dick.

Nothing to do with age at all. You need to lose that chip on your shoulder, sir.

QS

beefy_clyro said:
    You missed my point though QS ... A thread about a game that isn't made with GS on these forums is the same. I am not even beginning to compare Joe to Matt. All of your additional points were absolutely spot on and i completely agree with them, however, a precedent needs to be set and stuck to;

B. You can post if you are/have been a GS user and it is a game by yourself for yourself.
    C. All games can be mentioned.
    D. Same as B but doesn't have to be a game for yourself.

Rules need to be set and matched accordingly, they can't be different for different people or we will forever have these threads and debates.

Again, this is no dig at Joe, man i wish he was still over here more, he was one of the best and most useful, clever blokes i came across! Oh and i hope he keeps posting about his game, it is looking amazing and i like following it.

Matt, the main thing which irks people is the GS bashing and Corona praising, that needs to be completely eradicated. Take a leaf from Joe, i never see him complain about GS and i never see him mention Corona.
    I have also never seen a game by you but i would bet a pretty penny it won't be half as good as some of the games produced from GS devs so the whole limitations thing you keep mentioning is even more annoying.

I will agree with you there we need rules. and not just each moderators judgment on right an wrong cause I assure you there is a big range of right and wrong amongst some of us. I have heard hints at some new rules being set when the new forum comes along. who know if they will really be rules or not though. I'll be sure to mention this discussion when the new forum gets closers and the rule making begins. LOL

Im my opinion heres what I think the rule should be

with the exception

Or pull the Non-Gs Game news threads off the main page and let it be a free for all of spamming.
    quantumsheep said:

We delete threads by people just 'advertising' games not made with GS. The place for stuff like that is the Touch Arcade forums. These get deleted straight away.

The reason we let *some* slide and be included (including Joe's) is that they are still active members of this community. As I mentioned, Joe comes on and helps out, gives advice, and is generally respected by most people here.

Matt has said he's leaving the community. And as I mentioned in my first post about this, he needs to lose the GS bashing/Corona eulogising from his posts.

And Matt - you seem hung up on this age thing. Truth is, nobody cares. The secret to getting a good online presence is this:

Nothing to do with age at all. You need to lose that chip on your shoulder, sir.

QS

Canne argue with any of that
    quantumsheep said:

QS

yes but IMO MAtt come here even more often then FMG(hey no offense Joe) to help out(maybe because he just left, idk)

and let's back on topic

@Matt
    do you have beta 2 ready?

Calvin
    @calvin... don't put down Joe no matter what :P The fact that he still comes on here is amazing.

Beta two is on its way, adding sound effects. I'd like to say it'll be ready relatively soon.
    uptimistik said:
    To keep things on topic, I can't wait to try out your game NextGen!

Thanks man. And so I don't start drama, I think you mean my clients game ;)
    Haha ya. I should be sending the beta out soon. We're trying to fix/edit some sound fx.