Text is fuzzy (not sharp)

ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Is there any way to make the text in "display text" look sharp? My game is heavily text based and having sharp looking text would be nice.

Thanks!

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    try Shuting Off Resolution independence.
  • entersimonentersimon Member, PRO Posts: 273
    GameSalad doesn't seem to support native fonts properly in regards to the retina display right now. I feel your pain. The game I'm working on is dependent on display text as a part of the gameplay and aesthetic and I haven't found any way around it yet.

The fonts used are all native to iOS, so it's very strange that there is fuzziness. I'm really hoping they fix this soon since they gave us the iOS keyboard to use. It would be great to be able to display that text clearly.
  • v00d0v00d0 Member Posts: 143
    same here!!!! mine is a quiz game! and on iphone 3g/3gs/4g is impossibile to read it correctly....
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    Does anyone know if this has been brought up to the team as a feature we're looking for?

Seems like an easy include, but for whatever reason keeps getting overlooked. Add me to the list of people who really hope it's on the menu for a soon to release version. At the very least we should have access to a set of fonts that look appropriate on a Retina display. However, the ability to load in a custom font would be the ultimate wish.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yes they know we want to use custom fonts. and they know the display text does not display high res. Why they haven't fixed it I could not tell you. I also do not know why they cannot let us use custom fonts in display text but 6 months ago they added many of the font that are there now. We used to only have access to like 3-4 options.