Missing Image bug in 0.9.7

SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Thanks tnrdrmr for your advice, have mailed this bug to the GS team, but would still like to keep this thread open to see if anyone else is still having this bug???....

I now have this bug in 0.9.7, never had it before, but now i can't shake it off. I thought it started at a particular point were I copied and pasted from one project to another, but since then even older files start buggin out! I literally cannot work right now. If I open one project, old or new, all is well, then save it, completely restart GS, every single image and sound is gone from package contents. I have tried every suggested workaround I have found, but none work. Images and sounds are back the first time you reopen, after repopulating package contents, but as soon as I save, they all vanish, white boxes ahoy.
One clue I have is that this project was opened and saved on iMac 2008, and continued to work on it on Air 2011, both running lates Lion.
Any help would be seriously appreciated as I cannot do a thing right now.
Thanks for listening,
Wayne

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I have had this happen with like 3 images in a project a week ago but after reloading the same images from a previous saved project all is well with no more issues.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    No such luck here, all my files are now toxic. I can't hit Save without it corrupting the file.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Is It the same if you do save as instead of save?
    I always save as - I'm used to loosing work with GS, so I have sooo many numbered versions of every file. But yes, I have also just 'saved', and the images and sounds die just the same.
    Have been messing about with file permissions to try and solve it, but still nothing. Really frustrated as I was about to really get my teeth stuck into this, but now can't do a thing.
    Ohh, STOP PRESS!
    Scratch that, images and sounds are NOT lost if you SAVE, rather than Save AS!
    So, all the tedious workarounds that didn't work for me, and many others it seems, can be avoided.
    This is still a serious issue in my eyes, but at least I can get on with it now!
    I can still save incrementally by copying a new version of my file BEFORE opening it, then doing a normal save over the top of it.
    Right, thanks very much for the clues Ten, I'm getting on now!