Issues: iOS 4.3.5 w. GS Viewer 0.9.71

Danneman101Danneman101 Member Posts: 59
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm testing my game on 3 devices (iPad w. iOS 4.3.1; iPod Touch 4 w. iOS 4.3.5; iPod Touch 2'nd gen w. 4.2.1).

The app runs fine on all but the iPod Touch 4 w. iOS 4.3.5, where the app seems to freeze at initialization.

I've experienced a similar thing with the previous build of the GS Viewer, but recompiling it again did solve it. Now I've tried recompiling it a couple of times with the same results.

I'll try updating the iPad to 4.3.5 to see if it has to do with that particular iOS, and report back.

Comments

• Danneman101Danneman101 Member Posts: 59
    Nope, no problems with the iPad after update to 4.3.5, and rebuilding the 0.9.71 project. I'll try resetting the iPod 4, rebuild the Viewer, and see if it works out.
    Sweet, 5th time is the charm :) Reset the iPod (for the second time) and rebuilt the Viewer (for the fifth time), and now seems to be working fine.
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    What problems were you having with the Ipad? Was is a memory problem because that is what I am having. It is not dumping the memory to be more specific.
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    And when you say rebuild, do you mean starting the program from scratch?
    Well, the problem was actually with the iPod Touch 4, and it didn't seem to have anything to do with memory-management (at least according to the data displayed in GS when running the app). Not entirely sure, though, since I can't replicate the issue right now. I'll be sure to have a closer look at the memory-data if it happens again.

No, I removed GS Viewer from the iPod, and rebuilt it from XCode after having fully restarted (did not need to restore it to previous iOS version or something like that) the iPod. After having done this for the fifth time the GS Viewer was running the app without any problems again :)