Updating Old App - MISSING IMAGES & SOUNDS..... I thought this had been resolved

JamesLewisJamesLewis Member, PRO Posts: 109
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I've had no problem up until now re missing graphics & sounds - I read of many peoples misery re 0.9.3.....

Today I set about updating some older apps now that I've pro membership..... but have come across the dreaded missing image/sound problem.....

More often than not the images are in the image library (one or two are missing). They look fine on screen until I run the preview - then many have disappeared and are replaced by a white box....

I have found a solution - it would seem that those images that aren't appearing have a "." in their name - eg. sky1.2.png.... they worked fine 4 months ago, but not now - so I have renamed them without the "." All good.....

But its rather tedious having to replace MANY images this way....

I thought this situation had been resolved - or is it simply bad working practice on my part naming an image version 1.2 or 1.3 etc?

Look forward to your views/advice....

Any chance GAMESALAD could have a section in the cookbook for such problems and workarounds - its often hard to find the solutions on the forum.

Thanks guys...

James