App store bug, gloss on all icons..?

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Has anyone noticed that the app store has a bug, where they enable the gloss icon, even if you disable it while publishing?

I notice that some big app names, like Angry Birds, Spy Mouse, and Plants vs Zombies all have that ugly gloss!

The thing that alerted me to it was submitting a game recently, and in itunes connect, the icon is still glossy even though I disabled it...

I hope they fix this soon!

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    butterbean said:
    Has anyone noticed that the app store has a bug, where they enable the gloss icon, even if you disable it while publishing?

I notice that some big app names, like Angry Birds, Spy Mouse, and Plants vs Zombies all have that ugly gloss!

I contacted Apple. They said that they are aware of this issue, and they are working to solve it.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yep Been discussed here http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=30565

It had me Thinking I had forgotten to check my shinny icon to false but I guess its an Apple issue

Really sucks though cause the glossy icon really makes some icons look like junk.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Oops, sorry about the duplicate post!

Thanks Moonwalls! So does this mean they're going to fix it on their end, or do we need to submit an update to correct it?

I agree tenrdrmer, it does make the app look like junk, it's sad to see Angry Birds with that hideous gloss!
  • BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    it has been like this for a week or two for me
  • GruntGrunt Member Posts: 109
    My sales have dropped since i ve updated my icon. it now has gloss over a design that is completely mutilated by the glossy button effect. Who on earth could have suggested this damn disease to be put in the processing chain to such logical designers like apple? It should be surgically eliminated as soon as possible!!
  • GruntGrunt Member Posts: 109
    Change default in GS from glossy icon to plain i.e. unchecked by default...This is besides the apple bug! It troubles you at times when you are modifying icons and game features at the same time and making multiple adhoc builds
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    TheMoonwalls said:
    I contacted Apple. They said that they are aware of this issue, and they are working to solve it.

What email did you use? i want to contact them also about this issue
    Thanks.
    Roy.