40,000 downloads in first day --- Need your help to break top 10 overall!!!

synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hey all...

We would like to ask you all to help another fellow GameSalad developer out and download our app for FREE!

Brick Breaker Escape! has broken into the top 100 overall on the appStore and top 50 in the iPad store overall. We need you help to push it up even higher!!!

The app is free for a limited time and hope you all take the opportunity to try it out and maybe leave a glowing review for us.

Thanks...we hope you like the game.
Synthesis

link:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/brick-breaker-escape!/id431514266?mt=8

Comments

• 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Can you leave a link to the app please to make it easy for people here to see it.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Sure, downloading now.

Brick Breaker Escape

Good luck with it
    Shaz

-------
    "Honey Tribe is not only a remarkably endearing little game, but it's also incredibly addictive." Pocket Gamer
    "...a touch above the rest in the endless running genre" 148apps.com
    Say hi on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook
    Sound design and music service available: http://tiny.cc/MusicService
    www.HoneyTribeStudios.com
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    uptimistik said:
    This should be in the NON GS section

Synthesis used to use GS - he posted some useful tips when he did.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    The app was prototyped in gameSalad. We published with another SDK due to GS not having database support. But the game was initially developed with GS. If a Sous-Chef wants to relocate this thread...that's okay.

side note: We've been using GameSalad since Feb. 2010.
    We weren't trying to cramp anyone's style. :)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Moved to non gs news. Doesn't matter who it is, anything not made with game salad belongs there.

Best of luck to you synthesis
    Thanks John...Didn't see the non-GS section initially.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Got it!
    Thank you all for checking us out!!! Its much appreciated.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Downloaded!

Really, REALLY slick - a very creative take on a classic :)

Did you submit it for Corona's app of the week/month? I think you'd stand a very good chance.

Grats on the great sales.
  • I will download it now and leave a great review.

Questing???? How did you get "In App Purchases" into a gamesalad game?
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Re read the threads, it's not a GS game
    Thanks everyone for checking it out. If you leave a review...it would be a great help as when you go free...all the free app haters start slamming you. We had a 4.5 star rating prior to the free release...and the 1 stars have started piling up...as we pretty much expected. If your game doesn't have doodle zombies in it then its a 1-star game I guess. :)

We are still happy with the results of the sale regardless. We've made it to the 60s rank tier overall in the US. Getting about 40K downloads a day at this level worldwide.

@Peach...
    Thanks for checking it out. We did submit but we already won the app of the week once with Garden of Orbs...so I think they passed on this one. No biggie. Hope you like the game.

@secret...
    The inApp is a feature of Corona and one of the reasons (along with database support) we used Corona. We did the initial internal mechanics demo/workout in GS early in the design process. Hope you enjoy the game.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Good job. I downloaded it earlier. I use to have a blackberry many years ago and I played a brickbreaker game on there hardcore as it was the only game on the phone, ha, but now I'm a fan of variations on the classic like your game.

I actually found out about your app on IGN.com They had an article about it going free:
    http://wireless.ign.com/articles/119/1190721p1.html

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store