Memory Leak

gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I still have a memory leak in my game and I have the update for 9.7.1. I assume it is a memory leak because no matter what scene I go to the Memory usage becomes bigger and bigger as well as the game engine. My Title Screen initially uses 22MB of Total Memory, but when I return from any stage it is now 65MB and from that point returning to any scene its memory also increases. My question is this something that is happening on my behalf or is it the Game Salad Engine? I know they made a fix from 9.7 but it seems like it didn't work for me. I would love some feed back or any ideas in this matter.

Thanks
Alexis

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Please send your report and info to bugs@gamesalad.com

Might as well attach your project file cause they will prob ask for that too.
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    I will e-mail them. It is probably a simple problem because I started testing templates and they have the same problem. So it probably has to deal with the installation.
  • TheSkinTheSkin Member Posts: 74
    Hi, I'm Gabriele a new member of this forum.
    I' have the same problem with 9.71 version. My game start with engine memory usage of 5.9 Megabyte. When I change scene, the engine memory usage increase... after 6 scene change (next scene, previous scene) the engine memory was 11.8 megabyte.
    The same occours with graphic... the main scene initially have 23 Mb of graphics memory usage... after I change to next scene and return to main scene, occasionally, graphics memory change to 48 Mb.
  • quimququimqu Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

it happens the same with my game. It starts with just 5 MB of engine memory usage and then it increses every time I change scene. The total amount of memory usage raises up to 55MB after a while.

Just a question: this might be a viewer bug, but would the game really use that memory? I mean, if I publish the game, will it go up to 55MB as well, increasing the memory usage ever scene change, or it is just a matter of the viewer?

Regards