I uncheck the glossy effect for the icon,but....

YatelandYateland Member, PRO Posts: 81
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi everybody:
I submitted my new last night and I am pretty sure I uncheck the glossy effect for the icon. I could be wrong but I don't think so. The thing is that I just went to the itunes connect - manage your app and the app that is waiting for review has the glossy icon.
Is there can be any other explanation or it means that I screw up.
If I did screw up, what should be the proper procedure to fix it?

Comments

• olster1olster1 Member Posts: 396
    This usually happens in itunes connect, before the app has been reviewed the icon is glossy. Once it has been reviewed it should be back to normal :) If not then you need to submit and update.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    ifunway said:
    Hi everybody:
    I submitted my new last night and I am pretty sure I uncheck the glossy effect for the icon. I could be wrong but I don't think so. The thing is that I just went to the itunes connect - manage your app and the app that is waiting for review has the glossy icon.
    Is there can be any other explanation or it means that I screw up.
    If I did screw up, what should be the proper procedure to fix it?

Ha, the same thing is happening with my Textbook app... and I used Xcode for that. It's a weird Apple thing. I'm trying to ignore it, knowing that the icon should correct itself, but it still bothers me. It's the same icon settings as the version before, so it is quite frustrating to see the icon displayed incorrectly on the new version.

I'm going to check it again tomorrow. It should display correctly by then.
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Basically the actual app takes it's icon from the one in the GS made binary, not the one you upload to itunes. So when you add an app to start with it just uses the one you gave to itunes and assumes everyone wants glossy.

Once their system processes your app binary they find the fact that you have disabled the glossy. Then you see the correct one in itunesconnect.
  • YatelandYateland Member, PRO Posts: 81
    This is Apple's problem,Many developers having this problem in China.

thanks !
  • GruntGrunt Member Posts: 109
    @photics: can you tell me about your app as i i am having the same issue with glossy icon...
    i mean did the issue eventually got resolved? anyone!!
  • YatelandYateland Member, PRO Posts: 81
    i am not sure,but too many developers having this problem in China.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I contacted Apple. They said that they are aware of this issue, and they are working to solve it.
    Thanks guys i received a mail from apple with a follow up number and that they are aware and are looking into this technical issue as you mentioned. Its frustrating...my icon really got 'mutilated' by the glossy effect....