Gamesalad deleted my entire sounds folder!

bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So I pressed delete on ONE sound in the creator, and it kind of lagged a little. Then I go to test my game and it says "The folder "sounds" doesn't exist." Then I opened the package contents of my .gameproj and sure enough my entire sounds folder is gone!

Someone please tell me there is a work around.

Comments

• InLikeFlynnInLikeFlynn Member Posts: 171
    Have you been backing up your project or saving it as different versions? If so, you can go back and get your sounds from an older version.
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    I have all my sound assessts in my app dev folder. Its weird, in the creator it shows that none of the sounds are deleted. But they arent there, and like I mentioned are not in the .gameproj folder either. But if I reimport, its all good.

Its quite a pain.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yeah I thought something like that happened to me the other day. Glad I am not going crazy.

Gonna move this to tech support.
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    When you reimport, the good thing is I didn't have to go back through all the actors and redeclare the sound rules, it just played like it should.

It also will appear in the creator that its making duplicate sound files in the creator section under audio, but if you change scenes and come back it will appear normal again.