v0.8.0 BROKEN!

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Polexia won't load at all! I have a fade out sequence that happens on the logo screen. It is totally frozen. Nothing at all happening! :(

I took out the splash screen and still the game won't run at all.

Please help! :(

This all worked flawlessly in v0.7.0

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I'm sure they're working on it.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    ORBZ what do you use for fade out?
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    I think the thing to remember is that a lot of people are working hard to get games on to the app store using GS. When GS puts out a new release, even though its a beta, if it does not do the basics like Publish an iPhone project without modification from V7, people are going to get stressed out quickly. You guys really need to be sure it will work for the most part or make it available on an "early beta code" link in the forum. From what I have seen so far today, I would not have made it available on the main download link.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    An early release period does sound like a good idea (not sure if they still have 0.7.0 readily available still...if not, they should).

I would assume if the newer version required tweaks or things to be done differently than the last version, they would have mentioned it.

Probably a bug or two and/or folks using 0.7.0 in ways they maybe didn't intend or predict...or a combination of the two.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    How come a NULL error appears when you publish to mac?
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    this is beta... it is technically our job to find these bugs

So i look at it this way.. when stuff doesn't work we are doing our job to report it.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    " You guys really need to be sure it will work for the most part or make it available on an "early beta code" link in the forum."

I better not find ANY bugs in any of your games! If I'm paying for it, it better be bug free buddy! I mean it's YOUR job to test to make sure there are NO bugs right?

Keep in mind that they are a small team. They can't run through every small thing to find ALL the bugs, just like you won't be able to find all the bugs yourself. You would literally have to play your game 10 of hours every update to do that.

PS: My screen still has a green beta logo next to GameSalad...
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    True that

How many of us catch EVERY bug before we release to itunes

Im not bothered by the bugs in .08

I woud be if i had the 2k version :P
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    To avoid this very issue I don't upgrade GS (or any software)while working on a project. I wait until I'm ready for the next one then go for the update.

That way any bugs don't interfere with work already completed. I'm still on 0.6.2.

Once my update is approved, I'll go for 0.8 - thanks for the upgrades Chefs!
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Welcome back jhaas =)
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    So when is this buggy V8 going to be fixed, maybe remove the link to download perhaps?

Looking forward to increasd framerates, and mac publishing!