Touch is released is remembered , is it supposed to be like that?

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey ,
Having a problem with touch is released, i think it was mentioned before im not sure ..
For example -
Lets say you have an actor with a rule :
When touch is released AND when Self.rotation is 45
Change size.

Now your actor is now at 0 rotation , and you press it (and release) , nothing happens - good .

A minute later your actors rotation become 45 (for some reason)

The rule above triggers on! even if you dont press (and release) it!

Is it supposed to be like that ?

Roy.

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Try to change the rule to:
    If:
    Self.rotation is 45
    AND
    When touch is pressed
    Second rule inside:
    If:
    When Touch is released
    Then:
    Change size
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Not sure if im reading your post right or if this has anythign to do with it, but keep in mind a touch released rule on a actor will only check for the release, not a touch and release. So you can touch the actor and release, and you can touch far away from the actor drag ur finger onto the actor release and it will still trigger.

So if thats whats happening you can make a self attribute and change it to true when touch is pressed, Then rule when attribute is true AND touch is released And self rotation =45 (basically a different version of what TheMoonwalls said)
    -change size

Also your sure its ALL condtions valid on your original rule correct
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Ok i think i was a bit misunderstood here .. thanks for trying to help thought
    First , the methods you mentioned not working ,
    @TheMoonwalls
    Making when touch is pressed and in it when touch is released is not working and i dont see how can it ever work .
    @JohnPapiomitis
    i dont think you understood my point mate .

Anyway , i already have a workaround :
    Made a boolean attribute - "Iv'e been touched"

Then -
    When touch is pressed -
    change "Iv'e been touched" to true .
    Timer - After 0.2 sec (RTC)
    CHANGE "Iv'e been touched" to false .

Then
    When touch is released AND "Iv'e been touched" IS True
    bla bla bla .
    ------------
    But this is not the point , the point is that the actor is remembering that a touch is released from it and will trigger all the rules inside the "when touch is released" later on when the other triggers apply (like rotation 45)
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I made something similar in my game, and it works :P But if this is not what you want, I don't understand you at all.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Im just asking if its supposed to be like that , cause what we do seems like a workaround ..
    I guess the only way to explain it is to send a project example to one of the chefs

Roy.